24

Dominic's POV:

We stroll into the restaurant and almost immediately a skinny blonde waiter rushes over to us. "Table for two?" She asks with fluttering eyes. "Yeah" I reply bluntly without looking at her. "Well do you have a reservation?" She adds, still batting her eyelashes and pushing her chest towards me. "Dominico Moretti" I announce, still not looking at the waiter despite her desperate efforts to make me pay some sort of attention to her saggy breast.

She leads us towards the back of the restaurant. It's 2 in the afternoon so there isn't much of a crowd, the room is lit with sunlight peeking through the large windows.

As we follow the saggy breasted blonde waiter, I hear a familiar laugh. I turn to my left and sure enough, there sit a jolly looking Hope. Her right forearm wrapped in a white bandage. I haven't seen her since I told her I was going back home, that was three days ago. My eyes leave her to focus on who she's laughing with.

She's laughing with a man. He has dark hair, brown eyes, and dark skin. His face supports dark medium length stubble. The man is wearing a white button up with long sleeves all the way down to his wrists, which he tucks it into his black suit trousers. Wrapped around his collar is a simple black tie. The back of his chair carries his black blazer. All in all, he looks familiar but I can't place where I know him from.

"Dominic?" A sweet voice calls out. Hope is looking at me with bright eyes. I walk towards their table confidentially. "Hey, who's he?" I ask. Hope opens her mouth to answer but bugs bunny answers before she can. "Her date" he says with a smirk plastered across his face. Hope sits back and doesn't say anything while eyeing him down.

I feel rage fill my body, my fists curl into a ball and my jaw clenches as silence takes over.

"What are you doing here?" She asks with curious eyes, breaking the silence.

I look toward Rina, "I'm here with my girlfriend, Rina" I answer, pulling her in towards me by her waist. I don't know why I said that but it's too late to take it back.

Hope's face falls as her eyes fill with hurt, though she doesn't seem to notice it. "Oh, it's nice to meet you. I'm Hope" she says politely, looking towards Rina. Rina is looking at me with a disappointment look on her face, disagreement clearly plastered on her face.

Yeah, I know. I fucked up.

"It's nice to meet you too" Rina replies, now looking towards Hope. An awkward and tense silence fills the air.

"Well we should get going" Hope says, once again breaking the silence as she looks towards Dora the explorer. He quietly nods his head and they stand up. "I'll see you later" Hope says to me with a sad smile.

We sit down on a cushioned booth by the back of the restaurant, "why?" Rina asks. If only I knew.

"I don't know" I sigh while shaking my head.

"Who was that anyways?" Rina asks with curiosity.

"So you remember that girl that I told you about?"

Rina's eyes open wide. She opens her mouth and blurts out, "the one who found out about who you were and then got mad at you and then she got shot for you and you told her you love her and she told you she loves you and then went into coma for a month??" without taking a single breath or pausing for a moment. Once she's finished with her summary, she takes a deep breathe in and waits excitedly for my answer.

"Well, yeah." I hesitate, "but I didn't tell you that she got a concussion and lost most of her memories from the past couple months. Including the conversation where she got shot and found out who I am". I scratch the back of my neck as Rina leads forward and slaps me hard.

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU HAVEN'T TOLD HER YET??" She whisper shouts at me. I shake my head, "great, and how she thinks that we're dating. Do you even realise how hurt she's going to be when she finds out that you lied AND mad when she finds out that you also didn't tell her??" She asks, emphasising the 'and'.

"Yeah but we aren't dating, we're just friends. Besides, she's the one who is on a date with that guy over there in the first place" I reply. Rina rolls her eyes, "yeah but she doesn't know that we're basically family." She comments. "Besides, maybe she didn't even realise that it was a date?"

Yeah, I fucked up.

We finish our lunch and I head back to my house.