25

Hope's POV:

Club tonight with my sister. Be ready by 10.
-M

It's currently 6:58pm and he is picking me up at 10. I decide to watch a bit of Netflix before starting to get ready.

"This is my girlfriend, Rina"

My heart ached as he said those words. The way he held her so close to him makes me wish it were me instead.

I shake my head, throwing me out of my own thoughts and focus on the screen once again.

I turn my phone on and look at the Lock Screen, it's 8:30 so I get up and walk towards the bathroom. I turn the water on once I step into the bathroom and wait for it to get warm. I lift my maroon t-shirt off and pull down my black sweatpants. I stand in nothing but my underwear and bra and stare at myself in the mirror, I look down at my chest which is still not fully healed and lightly trace over the wound with my fingers.

My legs feel weak and I can't hold myself up anymore as I lift my hand up to my chest, I fall to the ground and Dominic snaps around.

I clench my eyes shut as I lift my head back up at the steamy mirror and slowly tread to the shower after taking off my under garments.

I do my makeup and leave my hair down. I select a red two piece outfit and white stilettos.

The clock hits 10 and there is a knock on the door

The clock hits 10 and there is a knock on the door. I open it wide and smile at Matteo, he's wearing a full black suit. I grip his arm as he leads me to the elevator.

"You look beautiful" he whispers in my ear, though I don't feel a shiver down my spine the way I do with Dominic. I frown a little at the thought of his girlfriend but quickly cover it up.

We finally get to the club. As soon as I step in, I see a tall brunette with hip length straight hair run up to me. She gives me a tight hug, Matteo pulls her back before I can react.

"This is my sister, Elisa." Matteo introduces her, "she can be a bit...affectionate at times" he comments. I smile while introducing myself to the gorgeous girl. I order a dozen shots for the three of us. Elisa takes two shots, while Matteo takes four. I take the rest and we hop over to the dance floor.

After a while of dancing, I begin to feel thirsty again. I head over to the bar and order myself an old fashioned. I glance around the club while tapping my long black nails against the bar counter, waiting for my drink, before I lock eyes with a familiar face. The heart skips a beat and my eyes light up before I see who he's with. Standing next to him is his short blonde girlfriend, Rina.

"Add six shots of your strongest tequila" I say, turning to the bartender. He nods while handing me my drink. I chug it down before I feel a tap on the shoulder. Dominic is standing behind me, next to him stands his excited looking girlfriend.

"Hey" he says casually, "hi" I reply. He opens his mouth to say something but I hear the clinks of shot glasses on the counter and turn to them. I smile gladly as I see six perfectly lined up shot glasses full of tequila in front of me. I take four shots in a row, I lift up a glass to take a fifth and hear a deep voice from next to me. "Don't you think you've had enough?" Dominic growls.

"No" I reply with a sarcastic smile before finishing off my last two shots. He shakes his head in disagreement as I stand up and walk back to Matteo and Elisa. After dancing for a few minutes, I turn to look at the tasty looking man named Dominic, only to see him whispering something into Rina's ear. She erupts into laughter at whatever he says. I roll my eyes and amble back to the bar.

"Four shots of vodka please" I order to the same bartender. "Are you sure?" He asks with a concerned expression. A death glare from me answers his question and he pours four shots, laying them in front of me. I gulp them down in a row as I make my way back to the dance floor. I feel myself struggling to walk straight but I brush it off.

I dance as I feel hands grip around my waist reminding me of what happened at the club the night I discovered that Ryder was still alive. I push them off before turning around, a scowl present on my face. Matteo stands in front of me looking confused. I roll my eyes and start to make my journey back to the bar. So much has happened in these past few months, I think I deserve it.

I order three shots of whiskey before I feel a pair of strong hands on my shoulder. "Now, don't you think you've had enough?" He whispers in my ear, sending shivers up and down my spine. I answer his question by swallowing two shots of whiskey. Before I can place my hands on the third shot, Dominian had already claimed it for himself. Gulping it down with ease.

I know that I've had more than enough but I am far too stubborn to ever admit it.

I feel myself getting light headed as my vision zooms in and out of focus, everything is blurry and I stand up. This was a bad idea as I feel myself collapse back, being caught in the arms of Dominic. He throws me over his shoulder while pulling out a few hundred dollars from his pocket and slamming it on the counter, he casually begins walking as the darkness overtakes me.

His sentence is cut off by a loud bang. Dominic instantly lifts his gun from his waistband and searches around. He spots a man in a different building, a sniper, and shoots at the man. He falls as the bullet collides with his head.

My legs feel weak and I can't hold myself up anymore as I lift my hand up to my chest, I fall to the ground and Dominic snaps around.

Everything feels like it's in slow motion, random memories from throughout my lift flash through my mind and time feels still.

He runs over to me and falls on his knees next to me. He lifts my head and cradles me close to him. He shouts my name in pain as the rooftop door bursts open revealing Kyle.

Kyle looks down at me with worry. He hesitates, debating over what to do next, before he runs back through the door and down the stairs hurriedly, while lifting his phone and calling someone.

Dominic looks down at me, tears storming down his face as I blink slowly. I look into his green eyes and find myself getting lost for a moment. Pain spreads through my body, but I feel calm.

"P-please don't l-leave me" Dominic stutters through sobs. "I-I need you H-Hope, please d-don't go" his head falls to my lap as the dark red blood spreads across my emerald dress.

He lifts his head back up, and wipes the tears from my face. "I-I love y-you Hope" he hesitates while staring deep into my eyes, "I love-you more-than-anything-please don't-leave-me-I-need you" he begs in between sobs.

I struggle to lift my hand up, but manage. I cup my cold hands around his face and wipe his tears with the pad of my thumb. "I love you too" I whisper with emotion, tears streaming across my face, before my hand falls. My eyes shutter close and I hear Kyle's voice before I feel myself being lifted up. "Stay with me" Kyle whispers in my ear, that's the last thing I hear before I fall into darkness.