49

Dominic's POV:

I manage to find the strength to push back my tears lumping in my throats, replacing it with an angry glare that could kill, and run to my car, still eyeing the building for any sign of Hope or Matteo's men. Sitting in the drivers seat of my car, I call Kyle back.

"They took her" I whisper in a quiet, yet infuriating tone once the ringing stops.

Kyle stays silent on the other side of the line, processing the fact that I let his little sister get kidnapped by the same monster who held my family captive for 13 years.

I hear a shatter of glass and then tapping coming from Kyle's side a minute later, he begins to speak, "there's a flight leaving for JFK in an hour. I'll email you your boarding pass", he holds a cold, angry tone. I don't have time to respond before I hear the beeping sound, signalling to me that he had hung up the call. Getting a private plane would take too much time and we don't have any time to waste right now.

I drive back to our apartment and go inside, leaving all of our clothes and unnecessary belongings and grab only my and Hope's passports in a rush. I run back to my car and get inside, instantly hitting the ignition and driving to the airport. I don't have the time to jump to conclusions or imagine what they're doing to my innocent girl, but I do anyways. Thoughts whirl through my head and I tighten my grip on the steering wheel while clenching my jaw. I lose focus of the roads for a couple seconds and am only brought back by the pain spreading through my jaw. I slow down the car significantly as I realise I had been putting pressure against the ignition, I release my tightened grip from the steering wheel, which is left bent slightly due to my force, and focus back on the empty road. Instead imagining all the painful things I can't wait to do to Matteo once I find him.

I finally get to the airport and run to the counter, I bark at the slow flirtatious lady who asks too many questions and open my email to find my first class boarding pass. I show it to her face and she lets me through. After all the security measures, I finally take place in my seat. Being the last to arrive on a plane, it leaves two minutes later.

The grim flight finally lands after a lengthy period of time and I couldn't get out of there faster. Once I burst through the door of JFK, my eyes search for anybody I know. I spot Carter leaning against his black Mercedes with his phone to his ear and begin making my way to him, he looks frustrated as the veins on his neck begin to make themselves present. His attempt at holding in a shout fails and he begins to scream at the phone, finally lifting it away from his ear and shoving it back in his pocket aggressively before lifting an arm and slamming it through the back window of his car. It shatters and breaks.

"What happened?" I make my presence known as I stand behind Carter, he turns his head to his left to speak to my face. "Matteo left the country with her, but they don't know where to" he speaks clearly and bluntly. I feel my blood temperature rising but instantly imagine what Hope would have said if she were here, I take a couple deep breaths in and make my way to the passenger seat of Carter's car.

The drive back to my house is prolonged and completely silent, even the radio is turned off. Which I'm thankful for this as I was in no mood to speak to anyone. Even Carter.

I get out of his car and march towards the large black door, bursting it open as I step through it. I continue my heavy steps towards the kitchen and find myself fill with surprise as I see Cole leaning against the kitchen counter, his hands deep in his black jean pockets as he looks out of place. "What are you doing here?" I ask Cole in disbelief, obviously glad he's back but curious as to if he changed his mind about needing a bit more time and space. "I love Hope too" he answers before pushing himself away from the counter and sauntering over to me, he wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me in to a brotherly embrace, "we'll find her" he whispers in my ear with a reassuring manner.

I simply nod once he pulls away, "what do we know so far?" I direct my question to everyone present in the room. This includes: Carter, Kyle, Cole, a few of my men, and myself.

"He left Paris at around 6pm with Hope, nobody knows where he left to" Kyle informs.

I nod and wait for someone else to speak up with more information. Soon I realise nobody has, everybody stares at me blankly with guilt clear in their eyes. Kyle glares at me.

"Is that it?" I ask, frustrated.

"Yes" Cole responds, his head held low.

"What about her tracking devices?" I question desperately.

"They must've stripped her and deactivated everything. Her necklace's one is deactivated, so is her bracelet and phone's and the one we planted in her arm isn't picking up any signals." Cole continues to answer me.

I slam my curled fist against the table in exasperation and lean over it. When I lift my hand up, a huge crack is revealed from the force. I ignore it and begin to pace.

"Gather as much information as you can on Matteo's international properties. I want all private plane arrivals from every airport across the world. And Cole, hack into the FBI's facial recognition and start searching." I order as I walk off, in need of time to myself.

***

"I'm sorry Boss, that's all we could find" one of my men shakily informs me. I scream in frustration, my fist colliding with the wall as it tears into a hole and parts of it crumbles to the floor. "Cole, what did you find from facial recognition?" I question, scrambling to find any sort of solution once I find it in myself to calm down slightly, "I'm sorry, but there has been no facial spotting of Matteo or Hope since France".

Silence.

"It's been two fucking days" I snap at them, "TWO FUCKING DAYS" I now begin to scream, "CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO HER BY NOW?" I continue. I open my mouth to scream more but Kyle cuts me off.

"OBVIOUSLY WE HAVE. SHES MY FUCKING BABY-SISTER. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO TOOK HER TO THAT FUCKING PLACE AND YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD KEEP HER SAFE. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO LEFT HER ALONE AND YOU WERE THE ONE WHO REFUSED TO TELL HER ABOUT MATTEO. SO STOP FUCKING BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE. WE'RE ALL TRYING TO FIND HER" he emphasises every 'you', making it more known to everybody that this is all my fault. I know it's all my fault.

Before I could stop myself, my arm lifts itself and slams against his jaw. He stumbles back and falls to the ground. I turn around, ignoring the burning sensation on my knuckles, and begin marching out the door. I couldn't get there in time as Kyle leaps onto my back and tackles me down, we both fall to the ground but jump back up instantly. We throw punches at each other, some making contact with our faces but dodging most. I feel Carter wrap his hands around my shoulders and pull me back with force, I try running back to Kyle but one of my men decides to be brave and helps Carter to hold me back. Surrounding Kyle is Cole and one of my other men.

"Take a walk" Carter barks at me with a finger held up to my chest as I breathe heavily, trying to catch my breath. I don't bother arguing and just storm outside, the cool air hitting my nose as the clouds thunder over me.

I'm so sorry baby.