42

Hope's POV:

I groan as I hear the door being slammed open and Kyle's heavy footsteps approach me next to my bed. He rips the duvet off from on top of my face and I notice he is holding a large garment bag over his shoulders. He tosses the bag onto  the end of the bed as he paces towards the windows, pushing the curtains out of the way and letting the sun peek through. I instantly shut my eyes closed, attempting to stop the burning of the light against my sensitive eyes. I slowly open them back up and blink until I adjust to the sun-filled room. I regret giving him a key to my apartment now.

I consider getting up simply just to hit him, but then decide against it as I realise I'm too lazy. I lay back onto the bed completely and shut my eyes.

"Get up Hope" Kyle orders, "no" I reply sternly with my eyes still shut. "Hope, I'm being serious. It's been two months since you and Dom ... parted ways, and you haven't done anything but sleep and eat. To be honest, I don't even think you took a shower in those two months considering you smell worst than what I imagine the ninja turtles smelled like after literally growing up in a sewer. And that's saying something." I feel a pang in my heart as I'm reminded, but I brush it off and continue.

I mentally roll my eyes at his comment, I'm in no mood for Kyle's jokes right now. "Why were you imagining what the ninja turtles smell like?" I question him as I open my eyes and give him a worried, judgmental expression. Now it's his turn to roll his eyes at me. "Alright, then give it two more months and I'll take a shower" I reply and give him a sarcastic smile. He glares at me in return.

"It's a shame that we don't have two more months then. Elijah's ball is tonight and you will be making an appearance" he demands, "no" I speak stubbornly. "Elijah is our cousin, this ball is a big deal for him. I know you're going through a tough time but remember our promise, we are always there for family" he reminds me as he stands up, I think for a bit before finally speaking again, "fine" I glare at him. He sends me a victory smile, "I got you this dress for tonight" he informs me as he lifts up the garment bag and hangs it in my closet. "I'll text you the address". He walks out, leaving me alone again.

I check the time on my phone, it's 3:36 in the afternoon. I think back to what Kyle said about me smelling like a ninja turtle, I can't even remember the last time I showered. And frankly, I agree with him.

I lift myself off the bed and walk into the kitchen, I pull open cupboard doors and the fridge in an attempt to find food but ultimately end up with nothing. I haven't been grocery shopping in a while, which is okay since I don't eat much regularly either. I gaze around the room before my eyes land on the bottle of whiskey, a quarter full. I know I just woke up but it's so tempting. I decide to give in to my temptations and fill up a glass with the honey-coloured liquor. I toss a few hoodies and trash off my couch and take a seat on it. Sipping on my whiskey slowly as I stare at the blank TV in a daze.

I hear a sound come from my phone which startles me and breaks me out of my daze. I reach over to lift my phone up and check the lock screen. True to his word, Kyle texted me the address of the venue that Elijah's ball is to be set in. Soon after, another text comes through.

It starts at 7 and don't show up drunk.
-K

I leave him on read as I check the time on the top left corner of my screen, it's already 4:22pm. I had been staring at a blank TV for nearly an hour. Maybe I am actually going insane.

I place the empty glass back onto the table and head into my bathroom, I lock it behind me and remove all my clothes. I step into the shower and pull the knob, I don't bother to wait for it to warm up. The cold water that somehow always takes me by surprise reminds me that I'm still alive. I stand in the shower, washing myself as I feel tears stream down my face. I'm not sobbing, I don't feel anything, but I can't control it. The tears just continue to pour out of my eyes as my face remains emotionless. Even while I'm alone and under the shower.

I get out of the shower and begin to get ready. I'm not in the mood to drive myself, so I text my driver asking him to pick me up at 6:45.

Kyle bought me a floor length, light grey, off shoulder dress with a slit on the right side. It kind of puffs out. I pair it with white heels and make my way out the door, already dreading the rest of the night.

- - - - - Hiii, so this is the first mention of hennyyy_23 's character from 'FOUND BY THE MAFIA' - which I highly recommend

- - - - -
Hiii, so this is the first mention of hennyyy_23 's character from 'FOUND BY THE MAFIA' - which I highly recommend.

In the next chapter, you will be introduced to more of her characters.