28

Dominic's POV:

I storm through Kyle's apartment door and gaze around the room. Nobody is there so I make my way to Kyle's room, opening the door without knocking. I'm taken aback for a moment before recovering and laughing at the sight in front of me.

Kyle lays under his covers with no shirt on while a brunette girl sits on top of the covers, next to him. She too is not wearing a shirt, or anything but her underwear for that matter.

The girl jumps up, quickly trying to cover herself as Kyle groans and stares me down. I don't budge. "I need to tell you something important" I say, smirking at Kyle. "Can't this wait?" He complains. "Did I not say important?" I ask rhetorically as I step out of his room.

Moments later Kyle steps into the kitchen while pulling his shirt down from over his head. "So, what is so important that you had to drag me away from a memorable morning with my girlfriend?" He asks with an unimpressed expression on his face.

Girlfriend?

"Matteo Santiago. He's back" I reply, not adding anymore to it. My voice is now stern and commanding, it's my work voice.

Kyle's eyes open wide. "Like back-back? Like New York City back?" He questions, clearly in disbelief. "Yes, and to make things so much better for us. He's making a move on your sister. Trying to get close to her, I don't know what for though" I announce.

Kyle clenches his jaw and his hands curl into fists. The veins in his neck and arms pop out and it's obvious that he is trying to contain his anger. Just as I feel he's about to explode, Kyle slams his fist onto the kitchen counter.

Same bro.

"FUCK FUCK FUCK" he screams. Kyle picks up a small glass from the counter and throws it across the room, it hits the wall and shatters into a million pieces. Every little piece falling to the floor and sliding to cover the grounds of his kitchen and living room. This doesn't seem to help him much as he lifts up another glass and throws it to the wall again.

His hands are still curled into fists as he stands there, taking deep breaths in and releasing them back out. "What does he want?" Kyle asks through gritted teeth. "I don't know, that's why I'm here" I reply. "If the Spanish Mafia is back then that doesn't mean anything good for us. We have to start preparing now." He nods his head in agreement.

"Go get ready and round up our men in the warehouse. I'll meet you there" I order as I rush out of his apartment.

I pull up to Hope's building and get out of my car. I stalk my way over to the elevator and wait for it to arrive to the top floor. Once it does, I head out and knock on Hope's door.

It opens swiftly after half a minute, Hope looks up and gives me a large grin. "Hi" she squeaks out. "Hello" I reply gently as I place my hands on her waist and kiss her softly on the lips. I enter through her apartment door and close it behind us.

"I wanted to apologise for leaving so abruptly this morning" I say to her once we settle in. "Ouuu a man who apologises, aren't you just full of surprises" she jokes. I shake my head in humour before looking back up at her. "Please don't get mad about this" her face falls a little but she nods nonetheless, "I need you to stay away from Matteo Santiago, I can't tell you why but he's bad news" I continue seriously.

Her face twitches a bit and I can tell she's aggravated, "yeah, that's fine. You'll tell me when you're ready" she answers back. I look at her in surprise. No argument?

I had always avoided relationships due to the amount of effort and commitment they require, I never realised it would be this easy. Or maybe it's just Hope?

I always knew Hope was different though.

I thank her with sincerity and grab an apple off her table, "I need to go but I'll see you tonight, I promise" I say to her as I kiss her on her cheek and begin to head out. Before I walk out through the door I remember something, so I stop in my tracks and turn around to Hope, "oh, and by the way, your brother has a girlfriend" I flash her with a quick smile before rushing out the door. "WHAT?" I hear Hope scream as I shut the door. I chuckle as I head back to the elevator.

I park my car outside the warehouse and step out, nodding at the men on guard outside. I enter through the large door into a very crowded warehouse, standing in the front is Kyle, Carter, and Cole. I walk up the them, this is the only area that isn't full of people. I greet them all as we discuss our plan against the Spanish Mafia. They could attack at any moment and we need to be prepared.

I turn back to my men, "Good morning everyone, thank you for coming on such short notice. As you all know, I have some important news. I don't want to take up anymore of your time so I'll try to make this as quick as possible. Matteo Santiago, leader of the Spanish Mafia is back." I hear murmurs and whispers amongst all of the men and women in the warehouse, it grows louder and louder until I can no longer hear what Carter is trying to say to me. I pull my gun out from my waistband and shoot it in the air, this seem to gather their attention as they all turn silent and face me once again. "Security footage in the front just went out" Carter informs me, I turn back to him "make sure you get it up and running again, and send some men out to check on it" I order him.

I turn back to my people, "now if Matteo Santiago is back then we all know that the Spanish Mafia would be back too. Considering our history, I don't think he's here to name peace with us" I see nodding and worried expressions amongst the crowd. "Thankfully, we have come up with a plan. We are going to m-"

I'm cut off by a loud noise, the lights go off and the warehouse is left completely dark until the door opens wide and a large group of men run in with guns.

My men pull their guns out and the warehouse fills up with gunshots and grunting from the fight. I pull my gun out from my waistband and before I can pull the trigger, I hear three loud gunshots come from in front of me. I fall instantly and darkness begins to take over, "Hope" I whisper, the last thing I hear is Kyle screaming about me.

Third person POV:

Kyle nods at the doctor as he walks away. He still remembers the last word, or name, Dominic had grunted before he was fully knocked out.

Hope.

With a heart heavy and his eyes red, Kyle lifts his phone from his pocket and dials Hope's contacts. It rings four times before Hope answers in a cheery voice. "Hey!" She greets.

"I'm so sorry Hope" Kyle says quietly as his voice begins to crack.