9

Hope's POV:

A heavy door bursts open and slams against the light coloured wall behind. "Hope, get up we're going to ea-", he stops mid-sentence. I lift my tired eyes up to Kyle, who stands tall by the frame of the door - practically blocking the whole path. His eyes are open wide in shock as he stares directly at me.

Completely unaware to my current circumstances, I look down at the silky bed covers that rest over my chest. Lifting up my hand and placing it against the sheets, forcing them to stick to my body for extra security, I turn my head to my right and view Ryder. He's fast asleep in his stomach with no shirt on.

As if having my older brother intrude into an awkward morning wasn't embarrassing enough, low voices echo through the hallway corridors before finally reaching the frame of my door, Kyle steps forward and Dominic, Carter, and Cole all follow in behind him. They end their conversation and turn their heads towards me, also clearly taken by surprise at the scene in front of them with similar reactions to Kyle.

Silence fills the room.

Though there are four pairs of eyes directly placed on me, the only person my eyes are able to land on is Dominic. He stands straight, his arms falling by his side and his legs slightly spread apart. A cold expression is plastered onto his face, colder than usual.

"Get up. We're going to get breakfast" Dominic orders in a stern voice, glaring at the man that lays beside me, before turning around and storming out of the room.

I turn my attention to Ryder, who is now completely awake and holds a sinister smile. The type of smile that makes your skin crawls, the type that forces your gut to begin acting up.

I couldn't help by glare at Ryder, my eyes subconsciously moving down his body, all the way down to his torso. His abs didn't catch my attention, what did though was the ginormous scar that runs along his torso is a straight line. 

"What happened" I ask in clear shock as I lift my arm up from his previous fallen state in on the bed without thinking, in order to run my fingers along it. However, in the blink of an eye, Ryder's hand lifts up as well and wraps around my wrist. He squeezes and forces his fingers to dig deeper into the sensitive skin under his hand, pushing down aggressively and bending my hand in an impossible position.

When I look back up from our conjoined hands to his eyes, they remain icy and hard as he digs deeper into my soul. Through the pain surrounding my wrist, I finally process what's happening. "You're hurting me" I inform him in a pleading tone, the harshness causes burning tears to gather into my eyes.

Ryder gives no reaction, he continues to glare at me before finally leaning over towards me. His mouth inches from my ear and his cheek barely rubbing mine. "Don't ever fucking touch me", he demands with pure anger and vengeance dancing in his tone of voice. He pushes his hand down harder against my wrist as I feel a pop in my wrist, an unbelievable amount of pain flows up my arm directly after. I look back down at my wrist, a single tear drop falling down my cheek as it's bent in the way you should never see a wrist be bent and force it back into place, despite the unbearable pain.

I can't say anything, he'll kill me if I ever tell anyone and Kyle will kill him. But Kyle doesn't know about his background like I do, I can't put him in that kind of danger.

With a nude bandage wrapped around my black and blue wrist, we all awkwardly eat breakfast at a cafe across the street in a rectangular light wooden table.

I notice as Dominic sits tense across the table, his jaw clenched and his fist curled up in a ball beside his untouched food as he stares directly at my wrist. Finally breaking the silence, Dominic speaks up. "What happened to your hand?" He questions through closed teeth, "yeah, Hope, what happened?" Ryder mockingly adds from beside me, leaning slightly towards me, to which I shift back from. Dominic's eyebrows close together for a millisecond before being placed back to their original place.