3

Dominic's POV:

"Why is he always late?" Carter complains as he slouches down further on the red contemporary couch of the VIP lounge. The bottom of his spine presses against the bottom cushion of the couch while the top of his shoulders rests against the back pillows, his arms lay sluggishly by his side with his phone gripped in his right hand.

"Shut the fuck up" I reply in the process of rolling my eyes back. Carter knows that complaining has always bothered me. At this, Carter lifts himself off the plush cushions with his palms and stands up with a smirk plastered across his smug face and strolls my way.

"What's got Dommy in such a pissy mood" he teasingly pouts in a screechy
baby voice. I've made it very clear over the past couple decades that I hate the nickname. My eyes narrow at the sound of the letters as my face forms a pinched expression. I have never felt the urge to slap someone more than I have now, so I did.

He stumbles back a couple steps at the contact of our skin before regaining his balanced. "What the fuck man" Carter cries staring across at me, amusement laced in his voice as he cups the left side of his face with his left hand. A black signet ring glued to his middle finger on his left hand glistens under the comfortable lighting, a family heirloom.

As hard as we both attempt to stay serious, we fail. Both of us let out a grin and burst into laughter.

Our echoing laughter comes to a stop when heavy footsteps can be heard approaching the glass doors of the lounge. Carter and I both and snap our necks towards the entrance of the lounge while I place my hand near my dark handgun stuck behind my waistband. Finally, the man approaches the door and a smirk overtakes the serious expression attached to my face.

"What took you so long figo?" I banter as I begin to walk towards the very late person who had just entered; Kyle. Instead of a verbal reply, he simply turns his head to his left, in the direction where he had just arrived from. I stop in my tracks as I hear the sound of heels banging against the tiled ground and light feminine chuckles echo through the hallway over the loud music from below us. I look in the same direction as Kyle and spot two girls walking towards us. One in a long sleeved white dress and one in a silver dress.

Both of the stunning girls look familiar. Though I can't quite place where I recognise them from until I look into the eyes of the girl with the silver dress.

Those grey eyes are impossible to forget.

These are the girls from the Italian restaurant that Carter and I had gone to earlier today.

I vividly remember that it was towards the end of my meeting with the Russians and I was gazing around the room as Mr Ivanov was speaking and my eyes caught onto caramel shimmers. This girl was sitting with her forearms placed on the table in front as she leaned forwards, she had long and wavy caramel highlighted hair with olive skin.

I thought she was hot until I turned to attention towards who she was directing her sentences to. Her friend, which I can now recognise is the girl in the silver dress, was (and still is) the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She was so beautiful that it made every other girl unappealing to my eyes. She was smiling politely at the waiter and passing him her menu, her neck bent as she looked up at him. Her eyes left him as he began to walk away and that's when she stared directly at me and our eyes connected. My green with her grey.

She was beautiful all around with hair so dark that it appeared as almost black, full pink lips and tan skin. Her skin wasn't caked with makeup like a handful of other girls I had seen that day, but she looked natural with long lashes and a small nose. Despite the fact that she had the most desirable features, her eyes were the most captivating of them all. An unforgettable pair of magnetic grey eyes coated in a thin layer of eyeliner and mascara. They swirled with a range of different emotions, starting with pain and ending with pure joy. She would have been probably around 5'5 if she were standing. I felt drawn to her and I couldn't take my eyes off of hers, even if I tried. We stared into each other's eyes for a while, silent tension roamed through the air as my heart was filling with an unrecognisable emotion - until she jumped a bit, my guess is that she was startled by her friend. She turned back to the girl in the (now) white dress with no emotion present on her face.