17

Hope's POV:

At this, I abruptly slam the door open. Kyle, my mom, and my dad turn to look at me wide eyed.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON" I roar.

A tense silence fills the air as I stand tall, maintaining eye contact with every person in the room individually while waiting for my answer.

"I was just telling dad that you're not ready to give a speech at the Christmas dinner party this year." Kyle breaks the silence, stepping forward towards me.

My dad glares at Kyle before nodding his head and looking at my mom.

I narrow my eyes down to Kyle who is looking anywhere but my eyes.

He's always been a bad liar, but I have places to be so I'll deal with this later.

"Okay" I calmly shrug and walk past him without turning around.

I open the door to my room and grab my heels before turning back around and closing the door.

Kyle is standing in the same place turning towards me, a shocked confusion on his face. He knows his lie was bad. My dad is standing in the middle of the room. His body frozen and his eyes following my every movement. My mom is sitting tall on the couch, one leg crossed over the over as she lays the small of her back on the arm rest. She's looking down at the floor.

Weirdos.

I continue my confident walk back out of the apartment door, stepping over the shattered glass that had spread all across the black marble floors after breaking against the wall.

As I walk through the door Nora, who had been watching the whole time, follows behind.

The car ride is completely silent, even the music is off. Nora stares out of the passenger window and watches as we pass the thousands of lights this city supports.

We finally arrive at the building and I pass my keys to the valet. The top floor is a bar and grill with windows as walls, allowing a perfect 360° view of the upscale city.

My eyes scan the room, trying to recognise people I know before my eyes land on the one thing I missed most about the city.

Dominic.

He's wearing a tight white button up shirt, obviously folded at the sleeves, with black trousers and black shoes. His shirt exposes the dark ink on his arm through the fabric and Dominic turns to look at me.

He smirks, knowing that I was checking him out and walks towards me.

"See anything interesting?" He jokes and I feel heat rise up to my cheeks. I cover it up with a quick chuckle and wrap my arms over his broad shoulders tightly.

He relaxes at my touch and my anger towards my brother and parents practically evaporates. He wraps his arms around my waist hesitantly as he hugs me back. "I missed you" I whisper, "I missed you too" he whispers back. My heart fills with affection. We must've been like that for longer than expected because Nora clears her throat, making me pull back.

I long to feel his touch and comfort instantly.

Dominic greets Nora, who greets him back politely. I look around the place and spot Carter speaking to Cole and Cheryl. The engaged couple are staring into each other's eyes deeply while Carter's eyes are focused on a completely oblivious Nora.

He scans her up and down before landing on her face again. I notice his shoulders fall slightly and his lips curl upwards while his eyes hold lust, he quickly recovers back to his neutral expression and turns to, a now making out, Cole and Cheryl.