31

Dominic's POV:

I lift her up after an hour of her crying over that bitch, Nora's, body and place her on my bed. My wounds sting like a bitch, but she matters more. Plus I've been through a lot worst. She lays down but continues to cry into my chest as I wrap her close to me. She eventually falls asleep in my arms.

Fuck, it hurts me so bad to see her like this. It also makes me wants to kill anyone that has ever hurt the girl I love most. She makes me crazy, and I kind of like it.

I slowly pull my right arm out from under Hope's sleeping body and lift myself off the bed, making my way to the door as quietly as possible. I finally limp out to the hallways and slowly close the door, making sure it's secure before I walk away.

I head straight to the large kitchen, standing there is: Carter, Kyle, Cole, Cheryl, and Rina. Carter's eyes are red and hold dark bags underneath, his face holds no emotions while his eyes carry pain and heartbreak. I stroll up to Carter and pull him into a hug, he hugs back, "I'm so sorry" I whisper into his shoulder. He nods, still in the hug, "it's not your fault."

"How is she?" Cheryl asks running up to me, worry and concern are laced in her delicate voice. "Not too good, but she's asleep now" I respond in a quiet voice, not wanting anyone else to hear me.

"Boss" I hear from the open door, "yes" I reply in a cold, stern tone that shows no emotion whatsoever. Also known as my work voice. "Boss, I'm sorry. I didn't know who she was. I walked through the door and saw someone holding a gun to Ms. Ficci and yourself, so I shot and aimed to kill", Miro, my newest recruit, apologises to me. His fingers are shaking slightly as his eyes twitch. I can tell he's nervous, I wouldn't blame him, based on my reputation.

I understand why he did it though, my men are loyal to me, and only me. They serve to protect me and fight for me, I couldn't possibly be angry at someone for doing something I, myself, taught them to.

"It's okay, Miro. I understand. You did the right thing." He nods and waits by the door for me to excuse him, "why don't you go home to your boyfriend?" I suggest. A small smile spreads across his face at the mention of his boyfriend, though he attempts to keep it hidden. "Yes boss" he adds before turning around and treading out.

I like to know about my men's lives, they are my family and I choose to treat them as if they are too. I know a lot of leaders who think of their people as property. Yes, they are soldiers, however they have lives of their own worth living and I respect that. Besides, it's easier to catch moles when you're closer with your people.

"Now, about Matteo Santiago" Kyle begins, I turn my attention to him. "One of our undercover men informed us that he's spending $20 million on weapons from the Russians, I say he's planning something big."

"We can afford a war with that skunk, but not with the Russians. The Russians are our allies, so I doubt that will be happening anytime soon. Find out when and where the shipment is arriving and send 40 of our men to raid it. Either that or raid the warehouse after, what do you suggest?" I ask Carter, Cole, and Kyle.

Cheryl and Rina went to the living room once they realised we were talking business, Cheryl doesn't like to get involved and since Rina isn't technically a part of the Mafia, she can't listen in to these conversations. I trust her, but those are the rules. Besides, our most recent ... event should be proof that you can't trust anyone completely.

"I say we raid the shipment's arrival, we don't know when Santiago is planning an attack or what he's planning on doing with those weapons really" Carter speaks up.

I gaze around the room to check the others reactions, both Cole and Kyle are nodding their heads in agreement.

"That's settled then. Send 40 of our men to raid the shipments arrival and make sure everyone wears their vests" I order, referring to the bullet proof vests.

I remember one more thing, "CHERYL" I call for her loudly. She rushes into the room, completely out of breath, "what the fuck do you want? I thought this was important" she snarls. I give her an innocent smile, "I don't think Hope would be up for planning the funeral of her best friend, could you?" I ask her politely, emphasising the words 'best friend' as sarcastically as possible.

"Ugh, so now I have to plan a wedding AND a funeral?" She complains, Cole chuckles as he snakes his arm around her shoulder, giving her a quick kiss on the temple. She gives him a small, loving smile and turns her head back to me, "but I'll do it" she says in a sweet voice, "I'd do anything for Hope" she adds. I nod my head in agreement.

I would too Cheryl, you don't even know the start of it.

I step my way up the stairs and stand outside my bedroom door, I place my hand on the handle and slowly pull it down, trying my best to not wake her up. I open the door as light bleeds through and highlights her sleeping body, she's laying in the exact same position I left her in. I slowly shut the door behind me and quietly pace towards the bed, eager to have her in my arms once again. I sit up on the bed and lay down, wrapping my arms around her again. She groans, but continues to sleep.

"I love you so much" I whisper to her, before I fall deep into sleep. Following the same breathing pattern as her.

I feel whole.

***

I wake up to shaking on my shoulder and open my eyes, Kyle's face is inches away from mine.

"What the fuck" I exclaim while pushing him back a bit.

"We have a problem" he whispers.