46

Dominic's POV:

3 months later

I place the pancakes on a red plate and layer it with maple syrup while sprinkling cut strawberries over them. I pour a mimosa into a long glass and put it on the tray, next to the plate. Finally, I decorate it with a single red rose. I lift the plate and steadily step towards the bedroom, our bedroom.

I hope she likes it.

I push the door open gently, she's still laying on the bed. One arm under the pillow while the other rests on the sheets of the bed. Her hair is spread all around her, making her appear like a mermaid.

I'm guessing she feels me staring because she opens her eyes slowly and blinks a couple times before smiling from ear to ear. Her gaze leaves my eyes and travel down to my bare, tattooed chest. I have scars all over due to my job, but she loves them. She licks her lips and bites her bottom lip vaguely, blood instantly shoots down but I focus on her.

"Goodmorning beautiful" I smirk at her, walking in with the tray of pancakes that's supported by my right hand. I put the tray on the bed, her hands instantly lift to my biceps, I lean over to her, "and happy birthday", I kiss her cheek.

Her brows furrow together in confusion as she stares at me with questions in her eyes. Her eyes move to the top left corner as she tries to remember something. She then opens her eyes wide and reaches for her phone, checking the date.

20th December.

"Oh my god" she whispers under her breath, I don't think I was meant to hear that.

"You didn't forget your birthday.. did you?" I question her with amusement clear in my mocking tone. She looks back up at me before shrinking in embarrassment. "Maybe, a bit". I laugh hysterically at her, for the past month she's been joking and teasing me about my forgetfulness when it comes to basic mundane things. Yet, she can't even remember her own birthday.

The last three months have been incredible with her. Hope's been sleeping at my house almost every night. I never could have imagined I would have this. My whole life had been revolved around the Mafia and for once, I finally have something that I care about more. Not only did I have the perfect girlfriend, I have parents that are alive too. And a little sister.

Elisa and I have formed a strong bond. She's still dating Kyle and it seems to be going well with him. My parents live in their own house a bit far away from us, they barely stay there though because they travel often. It makes sense, being trapped in a basement for 13 years and all.

Speaking of my family, we finally caught Matteo. He's been in a cell for the past two months, he only comes out when being transported to the 'interrogation' room. Where basically Cole, Carter, Kyle, my dad, and I just beat him until he's almost close to death. Cole's beatings were obviously the most brutal. We killed the majority of his men too, so we plan to keep him locked in a basement for 13 years. You get what you give.

I turn back to my girl, she's sitting cross-legged on the bed while stuffing pancakes into her mouth. It's been a tough year for her, she deserves the best. I sit in the empty space on the bed next to her. She cuts a piece of pancake off with her knife and stabs it with her fork, turning to me and holding it in front of my face. I open my mouth slightly and she stuffs it in, a big smile on her face.

I lean close to her ear after swallowing, "pack your bags, we're going to Paris" I whisper, she stares at me, "when?!" She asks desperately, "be ready by 5" I smirk.

***

We step out of the car, Miro grabbing the bags from the back, and we head towards the jet.

Ring

Ring

Ring

I check the caller ID, it's Kyle. I answer immediately.

"He's gone" he yells through the phone. I hear shuffling from behind, as if he's moving a bunch of papers or scrambling to look for something.

"HOW" I scream, anger taking over every inch of my body. My blood boils as I feel my grip tighten over my phone. Hope stares at me with concern, her hand gently resting in mine. I make sure not to squeeze onto her hand, I don't want to hurt her. Again.

"I guess we have more rats than we thought" he answers back in disgust.

Kyle hates rats almost as much as I do.

"Find him and call me" I order bluntly, hanging up the phone.

"Is everything okay?" Hope strokes my arm with her tiny, cold hand. I hold her hands in my large ones as an attempt to warm them up, "it will be, but we have a flight to catch" I remind her lowly.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask her as we walk into the jet, "yeah sure", she walks to the back and hops onto a couch while switching on the TV. She chose to watch 365 DNI, I have no idea what it is but Hope giggles cheekily as she puts it on.

Hope's POV:

"THIS ISN'T EVEN WHAT IT'S LIKE" Dominic screams frustratingly as he bangs his fist against the couch and leans forward. I stay laughing in my spot, clutching onto my stomach.

"Wanna recreate that" he winks at me with a smirk as we get through the boat scene, I look down at his pants and notice a big bulge. Rolling my eyes, I climb on top of him and straddle his lap. "In the air?", he nods as his response before placing his lips on mine.