58

Hope's POV:

Today is the day I graduate!

I'm currently standing in front of the mirror in a steamy bathroom, a towel wrapped around my body from above my chest as I release the towel turban from the top of my head. I rake my fingers through my wet hair as an attempt to dry it faster.

Opening the door to the bathroom, a mist of steam bursts into the bedroom; reflecting off the rays of sun peering in through the open window. My eye catches a beautiful blue dress laying on the bed. I examine it, touching the silky material before walking towards the dresser.

I stand in front of my dresser as I plug my black hairdryer in and blow dry my hair, my phone is connected to Dominic's bedroom's speaker system and 'Back to the Start' by SoMo bursts through them.

I slightly sway my hips to the music until my damp hair is dry. I brush my waist length, dark hair through with a hairbrush as I sit down on the white leather chair tucked behind the dresser. I unplug my hairdryer and place it in the third drawer down the white wood dresser, while I open the fourth and take out my hair straightener.

I tilt the hair straightener around to form curls in my hair, once I'm done with that, I apply my makeup so it looks natural and slip on the blue dress. It reaches my mid thigh and crosses under my chest, leaving a triangular gap above my abdomen. I slip on a pair of black heels and my Cartier bracelet and strut towards the full-length mirror on the other end of the room to check my outfit.

I analyse it thoroughly, I look good but I feel like something is missing

I analyse it thoroughly, I look good but I feel like something is missing. I just can't quiet figure it out yet.

A small knock echoes throughout the room, "come in" I shout. The door opens to reveal Dominic with an arm behind his back. He analyses my body from head to toe in lust before walking towards me. "You look absolutely beautiful" he whispers in my ear once he stands fairly close in front of me, our cheeks grazing against each other. My cheeks warm up as I look down to the ground, "thank you" I mumble as I place my hands in each other.

I take the time to look over his outfit. Dominic is wearing a white button up dress shirt, the sleeves are rolled up a quarter and his top two buttons are unbuttoned. He tucks the shirt into a pair of black dress pants and black shoes. A Hermes belt to tie it all together.

"What's behind your back?" I finally speak up as I lift my gaze up to his green eyes, they now appear as a bright gemstone green. He pulls his arm from around his back and in front of his chest, his hand holds a blue velvet box. My heart skips a beat, is he going to do what I think he is?

Instead of getting on one knee, Dominic awkwardly stands there. He lifts his right hand and pulls open the box. It opens to reveal a glistening, shiny blue sapphire necklace, with small clear diamonds around the circular stone. I place my hand over my heart, "so I did the math, and our baby would have been born in September" he clears his throat, "the birthstone for September is a blue sapphire, this way our baby's memory could live on with us. You could always be holding a piece of him with you wherever you go", my eyes well up as he speaks nervously, avoiding all eye contact with me.

Don't ruin your makeup

I swallow back the tears that threaten to fall, Dominic's eyes are now gazing into mine. I lift my arms up and wrap them around his shoulder, he places the box on the edge of the dresser's table and wraps his strong arms around my waist. "I love you so much" I whisper into his ear, "thank you". He squeezes me tighter.

I finally pull away from him as he lifts the box back up the his hands, he stands behind me. Brushing my hair off to the side, he picks up the light necklace and unhooks it, wrapping it around my neck and hooking it together again.

I turn back to the mirror and examine my outfit over again, it looks perfect

We get into Dominic's black Bentley, the drive to where the graduation is taking place is far from silent. We sing, we speak, we joke. It's perfect.

Once we arrive, I hop out of the car and make my way to the seats in the front, kissing Dominic quickly before I turned. I turn my head over my shoulder and notice him walking towards a group of people consisting of: My mom, my dad, Kyle, Carter, Cole, Luca, and Anna and Elisa. They all came.

I take my seat and watch my fellow students walk across the stage to grab the roll of paper consisting of their printed degree. Finally, "Hope Emelia Ficci", I hear clapping and whistling, mostly coming from the area where my family is, as I walk across the tall stage. I grab my degree and turn towards Dominic, making eye contact with him and flashing him a teethy smile as he stands and claps for me.

Once everyone was finished getting their names called, I ran over to the group consisting of my family and friends. "Congratulations Hope, you're officially the only person in our family with a college degree", Kyle nudges my shoulder. I giggle as I turn to my dad, "I'm so proud of you" he comments with cloudy eyes as he leans forwards and gives me a hug.

After many congratulations from the rest of the group, and other students that I would attend classes with, I finally was able to leave and get ready for dinner.