14

Hope's POV:

I open my eyes slightly and take in my surroundings. Once I realise I'm not at home, I jolt up and instantly regret it, wincing as I lay back down.

I look around the room and notice the details of it.

It's a modern looking room with black walls, black sheets, a black couch. Everything is black and I know exactly where I am.

I lay my head back on the pillow covered with a charcoal silk case and attempt to remember all the events of last night. I swallow back the tears threatening to form. I still don't know who shot Ryder.

As I'm deep in my thoughts, the handle turns slowly and the door opens to reveal a striking young man with ravishing green eyes and dark hair, a jawline you could only dream about. A smile forms on my face as I see him walk in.

Dominic.

He's still wearing the same clothes as yesterday, a black long sleeved button up shirt that highlights his muscles underneath and black jeans. His sleeves are folded to his forearms allowing his tattoos to creep out from under his sleeves.

He has messy hair and circles under his eyes as he gives me a soft, yet concerned smile.

His eyes are filled to the brim with worry and fear.

He slowly steps towards me before sitting on the end of my bed and gently moving a lock of dark hair that had fallen onto my face. His eyes wander my face before finding my eyes.

My smile slowly fades.

"Who shot him" I whisper, my voice breaking.

Dominics eyes instantly leave mine and he looks down to the bed. He shakes his head and brushes his fingers through his messy hair with one hand. Dominic lifts his head back up.

He doesn't look me in my eyes, but instead looks next to my head at the charcoal pillow.

"I-I did" he mumbles quietly, hoping I wouldn't hear.

Before thinking, I lift myself up ignoring the pain shooting through my whole body and wrap my arms tightly around Dominic's shoulders. He winces slightly when my body collides with his, still recovering from his own wounds that Ryder himself caused.

He stays seated, not moving for a second, before slowly lifting his muscular arms up and wrapping them around my waist gently. Ensuring he doesn't hurt me.

"You saved my life" I utter into his shoulder.

We stay like this for a lasting moment.

I pull away from his hug remembering that I have a brother and instantly get off the bed, ignoring my bodys protests to go back.

"What are you doing?" Dominic questions.

I ignore him.

"You need to stay in bed" he declares as I pull on the sweatpants placed on the couch, under my hospital gown.

Dominic looks away, allowing me to take the hospital gown off.

"I need to check on Kyle" I respond while pulling the hoodie on over my head and rushing out the door.

"You're not going" he orders while standing up abruptly.

I ignore him and try to walk towards the door before he stand in front, blocking my exit.

"Move" I demand. He doesn't say anything and looks at me with a stern expression.

I curled my hand around his large bicep and attempt to push him to my side. He doesn't budge.