4

Hope's POV:

Nora and I had left the VIP lounge moments before, and we're now downstairs dancing with the rest of the people. The floor illuminates itself with the shiny reflection of the luxurious lights from above, everything is mirrored on the dark glossy ground. My head lifts up away from Nora and faces towards the glass private room that sit on the small balcony, connected to the stairs on the side of the grand club. The guys are still up there talking to each other.

We met Kyle's friends which consisted of Dominic, Carter, and Cole. We also met Cole's girlfriend, Cheryl - but Dominic and Carter addressed her as 'Cherry' at some point.

Cheryl has long red-ginger hair and big, pouty lips with fair skin. Just by looking at her, you can easily tell that her personality is sweet - I guess that's why her nickname suits her so well.

Being completely honest, I was shocked when I saw Dominic. He was the guy from Del Posto with the captivating green eyes. He is now wearing a tight, long sleeved, black button up shirt that gripped around his biceps, he folded the sleeves up just below his elbows which showed his black sleeve tattoos. You could clearly understand that he is all muscle under that shirt. He paired it with black jeans.

I met Kyle's friend, Carter, with an unamusing first impression. The guy was a complete dick. Luckily, he's not that bad once he thinks through his words. Me, being the forgiven person I am, had completely forgotten about Carter's first thoughts of my best friend and I. However, Nora still holds a grudge against him.

Nora and I had taken 3 shots the second we hit the ground floor, followed by us making our way to the dance floor. And that's how we arrived here.

My body begins to feel slightly heavier as Nora and I continue our buzzed movements, time feels as though it has slowed down and the lights begin to stretch in my vision. The music blurs itself out in the back, it's not hard to mistake this feeling for being drunk, but I do it anyways. Though somewhere, deep in the back of my mind, I know something isn't right.

It's slightly unusual considering I haven't drunk that much. Plus, I have a pretty high alcohol tolerance. I guess I could thank Kyle, Nora, and Ryder for that.

"I'm going to the bathroom" Nora informs me, shouting through the music and managing to break through the invisible barrier that had shielded me from the crowded, loud hall. I simply nod as I watch her walk away.

Seconds later, I feel two large hands grip around my waist and something hard against my lower back. The guy behind me holds me in place so I can't turn around and see who it is. His hands proceed to slide from my waist and go higher and higher before finally cupping around my breasts.

I grab his arms with my own, attempting to pry them off but it's useless. He's much stronger than me and my aggression doesn't seem to faze him. My body begins to get pulled back, towards the door.

The bottom of my heels scrape against the glossy floor and the collision vibrates up my legs. Against all my efforts, he's dragging me away. I knew my gut feelings were right, I knew that something wasn't right. Unfortunately, I only began to trust myself when it was too late. I'm not drunk, I'm drugged.

I can vividly hear my mother's voice in the back of my head, "a lady should always trust her gut", she would remind me when I was younger. For once in my life, I should've listened to her.

I try my best to kick him and run away but my body won't correspond and my eyes begin to flutter. My breathing changes it's course as my mind begins to fill with horrifying images of what my future may be. Tears peak through when my mind finally comes back to reality, I'm in a dark corner of the hall - extremely close to the back door of the club. I hesitantly let go of the imaginary rope I was gripping so hard to, the rope connected to any shred of hope I had of making it out of here unaffected.

"Let go of her", a familiar deep voice intervenes and growls from next to me. My mind scrambles to find the rope again and all hope returns to my weak body once again.

The guy says something in a snarky tone and I feel myself falling through the air. My body hits the ground, luckily I don't feel much pain through the numbness of the drugs. I open my eyes hazily a quick second. I don't manage to recognise much, only silhouettes. The silhouettes of a man punching another, who i'm guessing was the guy who spiked my drink and tried to take me. I don't know who the other guy was though, though he brought me a sense of comfort. Finally, I felt myself doze off on the floor - no longer as terrified for my life.

***

I wake up with a banging headache. The sun creeping through the window and into my eyes. I close them tightly and put the back of my hand over my eyes before some of the events that occurred last night flash through my mind. My eyes widen and I jump up and off the bed. I take in my surroundings and thankfully, I'm in my room in Kyle's apartment.

Without brushing my teeth or hair or getting changed, I lazily walk out of the room and into the kitchen.

I stop in my tracks when I see Kyle standing by the stove, talking to Dominic and Carter who are sitting across from him. Dominic has a small glass of water in his hands when he turns to face me.

He softly smiles at me before his eyes travel down my body and his smile fades. I look down to see what he is looking at when I realise that I am only in a large button up men's shirt and underwear.

I look back up at Kyle who was stifling a chuckle before yelling at me "GO PUT SOME FUCKING CLOTHES ON, HOPE".

Taking this as my cue. I run away, completely embarrassed, back to my room.

I walk into the bathroom to take a shower, I can still feel the hand prints around my waist and breasts. I only have one thing in my mind, who was the other guy?

I glance at the mirror in horror as I look at myself. I looked terrible.

My hair is messy and my makeup is smudged everywhere.

I run into the shower.

I'm walking back into the kitchen, now in white jeans and a yellow crop top before bumping into Carter.

"Good morning" he says with a grin.

"Good morning, what's up?" I reply with suspicion.

"Nothing, how was your night?" He says winking at me.

Okay, this is getting weird.

"It was okay. How was yours?"

"Good." He replies while walking away.

Okay?

I shrug and keep walking.

"Goodmorning" Nora says in a playful singing voice.

"Goodmorning?" I question.

Everyone is acting so weird today.

I creep away and slowly make my way up to Kyle.

I nudge his shoulder and he looks down at me.

"Two things. One. Have you been working out?" I question with a grossed out expression glued to my face. He smirks and hit me on the back of the head with his palm, "yes, what's two?"

"What the fuck happened last night?"

Kyle bursts into laughter, almost choking on the piece of toast he was munching on.

"You seriously don't remember?" He replies, his face is full of amusement but his voice holds a hint of concern.

I shake my head before he tells me to give him my phone.

I look at him, my face holding a bunch of questions. To which he ignores and walks over to grab my phone.

"You don't know my password" I tease before he looks at me with a 'shut-the-fuck-up-now' look and continues to type in my password correctly.

I glare at him as he turns my phone towards me, what I'm looking at shocks my mind.

I feel the non-existent hair on my arms lift up.

I feel tears build up in my eyes as I look to Kyle's concerned face.