30

Hope's POV:

"Nora."

I shake my head in doubt as I jump off the bed, "no, she wouldn't do that" I cry out. "I'm sor-" he begins. "IT WASN'T HER" I scream out at him, Dominic looks taken aback for a moment and my face begins to heat up turning red as Dominic sits back in silence. "No, it's not her. She wouldn't do that" I repeat, "she doesn't have a reason, it can't be her." I start pacing. "Why would she?"

Dominic stretches out and wraps his hand around my wrist, gently pulling me back towards the bed. I sit on the edge of the bed but he urges for me to move closer, he lifts his un-injured hand and begins wiping my tears, I stare at his green eyes that bring joy to my life, no matter at what moment. This man truly makes me happy, he makes me feel unlike anyone else ever has. He stares at my grey eyes just as deeply before we're broken out of our moment.

The door slams open as Nora strides in, placed in her hand is a black handgun. She lifts it and I jump off the bed, quickly running in between Dominic and Nora as a way of shielding him before any sort of help arrives.

"Move" she barks, "no" I reply. She glares at me with intense hazel eyes, her once beautiful, happy eyes are now full of rage and vengeance. Bitter hatred towards the man laying behind me. "Hope move, please" Dominic screams behind me in a panic. "Listen to lover boy and move whore" she continues, "I said no."

Nora shoots the gun up in the air, it hits the ceiling as white flakes of cement fall down like snow. "I don't give a fuck about your spoilt ass, MOVE" she screams, holding the gun in my direction once again. I ignore Dominic's protests for me to move as I stand in place, "Why are you this?" I ask, seriously. She scoffs as she begins, "DOMINIC MURDERED FUCKING RYDER" she shouts, startling me slightly.

Why would she care?

"WE WERE FUCKING IN LOVE" she continues, now waving the gun around. "WHILE YOUR RICH ASS WAS DOING GOD KNOWS WHAT, I WAS FUCKING HIM ON YOUR BED" I feel a sharp pain in my chest but brush it off. "EVEN AFTER HE 'CAME BACK TO LIFE' WE KEPT FUCKING." Her eyes begin to fill up with tears as she begins the next part. "WE WANTED TO BE TOGETHER BUT THE ONLY THING FUCKING STOPPING US WAS YOUR SPOILT ASS. SO GUESS WHAT, I TOLD HIM TO PUT A FUCKING BULLET BETWEEN YOUR EYES." She pauses.

"It was all going as planned until your fucking boyfriend FUCKED IT UP AND MURDERED MY RYDER" she cries out, her eyes fill with even more rage. She wouldn't stop until Dominic was dead. "He took away the most important thing in my life" she states as she lifts her gun back up and before I can react-

BANG
BANG
BANG
BANG

I hear Nora scream and my eyes focus, I see her laying on the floor. Her once white shirt is now stained in a thick red liquid oozing out from her chest. She struggles with shallow breaths and I run up to her, crouching down next to her as she whispers something. "It's all your f-fault", with that, she releases one last breath. Her eyes stare up at me, still open. Those once, happy hazel eyes no longer hold pain and rage and hatred. They hold nothing. She holds nothing. Her lifeless body lays before me on the ground, blood still oozing out and painting the floor a distinct shade of red.

I feel a sharp pain settle into my chest, a tingling feeling rising up my arms and legs and stomach until it finally stops. I can't feel anything, my body, my mind, my heart is numb and I feel empty. My vision begins to blur and all I see is the foggy image of Nora's dead eyes glaring at me, I lift my head and see one of Dominic's men standing by the doorways, a black gun in his hand. He looks down at me with pure sorrow and guilt in his eyes. My eyes make their way back down towards Nora's limp body. I hear Dominic's muffled voice and push it out, leaving me alone in my thoughts. I feel the vibrations of heavy rushed footsteps on the ground and large, warm arms wrap around me as I come back to reality. The feelings come back, the numbness fades and I'm left with an empty hole in my heart where Nora used to sit and smile, before I feel it fall and shatter into a million pieces. The shards of my heart piercing my other organs in the process, damaging me for life.

I scream as tears begins pouring out of my eyes in a storm, Dominic cradles me as he repeatedly whispers calming and relaxing things in my ears. Every second, every memory, every moment I shared with Nora, the things I said, the things she said, the things we did all come back to me in a flash as Dominic lifts his right hand up and closes her eyes slowly before placing them back around my shaking body.