54

Dominic's POV:

I groan as my body is shook awake by Kyle's large hands on my shoulders. My eyes slit open and I lift myself up slightly, balancing the weight of my body on my arms behind me as I attempt to glare at Kyle. I fail due to the bright sunlight peering in through the windows. "What do you want?" I growl as I let my head and back fall onto the plush cushioning of the couch harshly, making my brain rattle as I close my eyes again.

Kyle let's out a heavy breath, as if he's debating whether he should tell me something or not, "I need to tell you something so wake your ass up". He grabs hold of my arm and pulls me up. The empty bottle of bourbon rolling off of my hard stomach and plopping onto the couch next to Kyle, I swipe my shirt down with the palm of my hand in an attempt of straightening it and notice that it's damp. I reek strongly of whiskey, hinting to the idea that I must've fallen asleep while drinking it and left the bottle open.

I place my hand against my head and grip on it as an attempt to stop the pounding, but it doesn't work. Kyle leaves to the kitchen, only to re-appear a minute later with a white pill and a glass of water. I stare directly down at the small pill that lays in Kyle's open palm in hesitation, "it's an aspirin, it's not going to kill you, dumbass", that wasn't it but okay. I take the pill from him and swallow it down with a few sips of the water he brought me.

"Okay, now that's done. Sit down" Kyle instructs me, pointing at the couch I was just asleep on. I continue to glare at him as I slowly sit back down on the black cushioning.

"I'm sorry about what my mother said, she didn't mean it", he begins with certainty while gazing at me in my eyes, "she sure sounded like she did" I mumble in response. He rolls his eyes and leans back against the couch, "before Hope was born, my mom had three miscarriages in a row. My parents were beginning to give up any hope on ever having a baby girl until my mom got pregnant again, with Hope. That's where her name comes from" my eyes rise to Kyle's face, he's still staring at me with desperation for me to believe him. "That is the reason why she's so protective over Hope, it has nothing to do with you. She's just afraid of losing her", Kyle lifts his right hand up and rests it on my shoulder, "and you didn't bring her into this world, Dom, my dad did. I'm sorry for blaming you earlier. I know it's not your fault" Kyle slowly adds in a low voice. I nod my head, I don't know how else I'm supposed to respond.

Kyle stands to his feet, using my shoulder to push himself up. He straightens his shirt and looks down at me, "please just don't do anything yet, I'll talk to her" he adds, referring to his mother, before turning around and walking out the door.

Hope's POV:

"No, I don't want to go back to your house!" I yell in frustration, "Hope, you can't stay alone" my dad begs, "I won't stay alone" I add simply, "I'll stay with Dominic" Dominic glances back up at me, he opens his mouth as if he's going to say something, but proceeds to close it again.

"No, you're not. You're coming back home" my mom begins to demand, I turn to her. "I'm not. I'm 21, I can do my own thing and if I want to stay with Dominic in New York then I will"

She scoffs before adding, "he's the reason your baby is dead". I stand up, ignoring the pain that still shoots throughout my body every time I move, and turn to her. I walk towards her slowly, my jaw clenching in anger. "It's not his fault, and don't every say it is" I growl at her. She rolls her eyes and walks out the door, "you can come home whenever you want."

I groan as I let my back hit the fluffy pillows behind me that guard the headboard, agitated at everyone's constant need to baby me, and I look around the bright room that I've been staying in for the past week.

I can feel Dominic's eyes ripping holes into me, making me slightly uncomfortable as I shift in my seat. We're the only two people left in the room once everybody follows my mom out. His eyes are still plastered to me as I turn my head to glance at him, quickly turning back towards the door.

He suddenly stands and grips onto the duffel bag that held my belongings before walking up to me and placing a hand behind my back, "we should go" he softly suggests.

"Wait" I call out, he instantly directs his attention from the door back to me, gesturing for me to continue. "M-Matteo, he did..." I choke on his name and hesitate, thinking hard about how to phrase the next part, "things to me" I complete, hoping he got the idea so I wouldn't have to go into deep depth about the subject.

He simply nods his head before smiling down at me apologetically, "I know, cara. You don't have to ask, I already set up the guest bedroom if you would feel more comfortable in it". My heart flutters and I let out a released breath of air, I was afraid that once Dominic found out what Matteo did to me then he wouldn't want me anymore.

I fall asleep in the guest bedroom as soon as we got back to the house.

I feel myself being shook awake from my nightmare, I open my eyes and instantly look towards my left, Dominic stands, his tall body towering over me, the image of Matteo standing over me as I lay on the ground helplessly flashes back to me as his touch sparks memories I would much rather forget, and I shove Dominic's arm away with more force than I anticipated. My eyes grow wide with fear and I lean back away from him as I stare at him carefully, unsure of what his next move will be.

He pulls his arm in towards him as his face flashes with shock and regret, "I'm sorry I didn-" he begins, "just stay away from me" I cut him off with my head facing down to the bedcovers, my voice is croaky and sore from the all the screaming I must've done, "please". I don't look up in order to avoid making eye contact with him as I hear his shuffling, heavy footsteps head towards the door. He stops in his track before turning around to me, "I love you" he announces softly. I don't reply to him or look back up at him as he hesitantly pushes himself out the door. Once he's gone, I let myself break down.