32

Dominic's POV:

It's been three days since Nora died, Hope hasn't left my house so I went to her apartment and brought a bag of clothes back. It's been really nice having her around, but she isn't herself right now. She would barely leave the room or eat, and she won't speak much. Today is Nora's funeral. I asked Cheryl to plan it since I knew Hope wouldn't want to.

"Here, I brought this one" I hand Hope a plain black dress and black heels that I brought back from her apartment and she nods her head with a small "thank you", her eyes are pink and puffy from all the crying she's been doing in the past three days. My heart breaks as I watch her like this, I wish things were different. For her sake.

Once I pull my black blazer over my shoulders, I place my open tie in my hands and begin to walk towards where Hope is getting ready. I knock on the door and open it. Hope's standing with the dress around her body, the back zipper is open though. "Hey can you get this for me please?" She asks me softly, turning around to gesture towards the zipper. I nod my head and slowly walk up to her.

I place one of my hands on her shoulder gently as I use the other to zip the dress closed. She turns around, "thank you" she whispers, as she snakes her arms around my shoulder, before kissing me softly on my lips.

Unfortunately, she pulls away not long after. Her eyes analyse my face and body before they land on my hand, the black tie wrapped around it.

"I uh, I don't actually know how to tie a tie" I say, embarrassed. She chuckles before giving me that wide smile that I missed so much. She lifts the tie from my hand and wraps it around my collar. She begins to knot it, I stare at her face which is concentrated on my tie. She's got dark eyeshadow around her eyes, and mascara on her long lashes with that dark line on top. She looks beautiful.

"Done" she whispers, placing her right hand on my chest. I give her smile before I kiss her once more. "We're gonna be late" I announce, reading my matte black Rolex on my right wrist. Hope slides into her heels and lifts a black bag up, before making her way towards me.

We sit in the car, on our way to the cemetery in silence. As we come to a stop, Hope grabs my arm, "I'm really glad you're here" she comments in a shaky voice, "of course, I love you" I whisper back as I place a small kiss on her lips.

We step out of the car and make our way to the crowd of people in black. The priest sings his chants as Hope openly cries in front of Nora's grave. I remember Nora distinctly telling me that her mother died when she was 12, and her father became an alcoholic. As I look around the crowd, I spot nobody who resembles Nora in any way.

I face back to where Nora's casket is being lifted into the ground, "this is all your fault, and I will make you pay" I hear from beside me, in a low voice. I snap my neck to the left to see who it is, Matt is standing in black attire. His one hand over the wrist of his other arm in front of him, he doesn't look at me, but straight at Nora's casket. I scoff, "sure, professor high school."

The next thing he said shocked me, "Mr Santiago sends his regards", he smirks as he walks off. I stand there and stare for a while, not knowing what else to do, before I bring myself back to reality and walk up to Hope. Wrapping my arms around her as I stand behind, "should we go?" I whisper in her ear, she nods and we begin to head out.

We arrive back to my car and sit inside, after a few minutes of driving in silence, Hope begins to speak. "Can we get McDonald's? I'm starving" I chuckle at her, this is the most herself that she's been in a while, "of course", I answer back.

We get our McDonalds and head back to my house, as we walk into the kitchen Cole and Cheryl are sitting on the counter. They're now in sweats with wide grins spread across their faces. "We have good news" Cheryl smiles widely. "What is it?" I ask them. "We're getting married in a month" Cheryl squeals. Cole chuckles as he wraps his arm around his fiancé's waist.

"Oh my god, that's great guys. Where are you getting married?" Hope asks, she too has a wide smile across her face.

Cheryl hops off the counter and leads Hope out of the room, to the living room where my laptop is sat on the table.

"Congratulations bro" I say to Cole, I flash him a quick smile as I hug him. He hugs me back, "thank you, I never imagined I would find someone like her" he pauses as he looks deep in thought, "she's just so perfect" he adds.

I smile at that. I couldn't be happier for him. 

"What's going on between you and Hope though?" He asks with a smirk across his face, I smile even wider at her name as I feel my heart skip a beat. "Well I don't really know if she's my girlfriend yet, but I want her to move in. The last three days have been my best, even if Hope hasn't really been ... herself, just her presence makes me so happy." I forgot that I'm even speaking to Cole until I hear him chuckle, "you're totally whipped man" he speaks and I glare at him.