33

Dominic's POV:

"What's the problem" I ask Kyle as soon as I shut the door, still pulling my grey t-shirt on over my head. "It's about your family" he answers, an iPad in hand. I pause and stare at him, my heart temporarily stops at the mention of my parents. I choose not to speak about them often as it brings up old memories.

I clear my throat, realising that I had been staring at Kyle in silence for a while, "what about them?" I question him, "you might want to sit down" he answers timidly. "Just tell me" I spit out, refusing to sit down. He nods his head and glances back down at the iPad screen.

"I don't think their death was an accident, in fact I don't think they actually died" he blurts out, I stare at him with my eyes widened. My heart begins to beat faster as I clench my hands into a fist and squeeze. "What the fuck do you mean?" I snap through clenched teeth, everyone knows not to bring them up. Especially by telling me that they are still alive, that is something nobody has dared to ever even think about.

"Look Dom, I know this is a lot to take in but don't get mad at me" he comments, I know he's right so I take a deep breath in and release. I continue this action until I feel calm enough to speak without breaking his jaw. "Let's go to my office" I suggest while looking at the ground and walking there. He follows close behind.

I enter my office and sit behind my desk. Kyle comes in after me and closes the door before sitting on the chair in front of me. "So as I was doing some digging on the Spanish Mafia, I noticed that four million dollars was payed to an offshore account on August 19th." He informs, "the day my parents went missing" I add. "Yes, if that's not suspicious enough. Since that day there's been a monthly payment of 50,000 dollars going to a heavily guarded warehouse building in Spain." He continues, I nod my head along to ensure him that I'm listening to every word he spoke.

"I thought that was odd so I did even deeper digging. On August 20th, the Spanish Mafia took a private jet from New York City to Barcelona. A few of our moles from the Spanish Mafia told my father that Luca and Anna Moretti were still alive so he sent 100 men to the warehouse. None of them came back except for one, he said that your family was killed in front of him and that they left only him alive so he could report back to my father. That's why my dad told you to never trust the Spanish." He takes a deep breath in before turning his iPad over to me, on the screen there is a list of expenses leaving the Spanish Mafia's accounts. All exactly as Kyle had mentioned.

I try my best to remain calm and it works, "I need 300 men. We're leaving for Barcelona tonight. Get the planes ready, I also want 50 armed men around this house with Cheryl, Hope, and your new girlfriend inside" I order. Kyle nods before standing up and marching out the door, closing it behind him.

I use this as a sign to take a deep breath out, I let the emotions come to me now that I am alone. If Kyle is wrong, or if anything goes wrong, then I'm going to have to experience their deaths all over again. And honestly, I'm terrified of that.

After a while I get up and gathered myself. I open the door and walk back to my room, where Hope is still fast asleep. I smile at her gracefully as I grab a suitcase from above the closet and open it on the island in the closet. I begin throwing clothes in there, I don't know how long I'll be gone for. I grab a duffel bag from under the bed quietly, trying to my best to not wake Hope up, and place it next to my suitcase. I open a closet door and type in my passcode, 141. The door clicks open and I push it. Inside there are hundreds of different types of guns and weapons. I have grenades, knives, bulletproof vests, and everything really. I grab a bunch of everything and throw them in the duffel bag.

They make a loud thud as they hit the bottom of the bag, I cringe at the sound, this would definitely wake Hope up.

As I thought, shortly after I hear the door creak open and a yawning Hope step in. "Where are you going?" She asks me as she crosses her arms in front of her, shivering at the cold. "I'm going to Spain for a bit" I answer as I pull my jacket off and place it over Hope, "thank you" she mumbles as she gives me a happy grin, I smile back at her before kissing her gently.

I cup my hands around her face, "you, Cheryl, and your brother's girlfriend are going to stay here, and not leave" I inform her, first she looks confused and then her expression turns to offended. "No, what the fuck" she snaps. I sigh as I look down, "I have a life, I have things I need to do Dominic" she continues. "Hope, for fuck sakes, I don't want to do this but this life is dangerous and I am NOT willing to let you get hurt again. So just fucking promise me that you'll stay here" I snap back.

She stares at me for a while, "please" I beg in a whisper, her eyes soften at this. "Fine" she answers, I pull her into a hug. At first she seems hesitant, but eventually she hugs me back.

That's when I remember something, "Hope" I announce, she looks up at me, gesturing me to go on. "I've been meaning to ask you this for a while" I continue, "will you be my girlfriend?"

Her eyes light up as a huge smile takes over her face. She doesn't say anything at first but places a kiss on my lips, "yes" she answers as she pulls away. I smile back and kiss her again. The gentle touch turns to rough kisses, "jump" I order, she obeys as she jumps up and wraps her legs around my waist, I support her by her thighs.

We make our way back to the bed and I throw her on it, she lands with a grunt as I crawl my way on top of her, placing rough kisses on her neck and breasts. I make sure to leave a mark so she can remember me while I'm gone. "Take it off" I order gesturing to her shirt. She pulls it off before placing her hands around my waist and grabbing my shirt by the hem. She aggressively pulls my shirt off and we continue.