41

Hope's POV:

I wake up to pounding on my front door, "OPEN THE DOOR" Kyle yells as he continues his assault to my poor door. I pull it open swiftly while glaring at him, he nudges me aside and steps inside, "sure you can come in" I sarcastically remark.

He rolls his eyes at me, "you've been training for the past two weeks. You're pretty good" he comments without saying more, "okay thank you?" I add with a questioning tone. "So you're coming with us tonight". I stare up at him blankly. "What?" I ask, wanting him to repeat himself so I can make sure I heard him right.

"Jeez are you deaf? I said you're coming with us tonight... for the interrogation", "Why?" I ask him, "because you said you wanted to learn more about how we work?" He replies, questions linger towards the end of his sentence. "No but like, what does that have to do with my training?" I ask him, returning to what he first mentioned. "Oh nothing, I just wanted to say that". I stare at him as if he is an undiscovered creature, before turning away and rolling my eyes at how stupid he can be.

"I already told you that I don't want to join the Mafia" I utter as I start the kettle and grab two cups from the cupboard. "Yeah, when did I say you were?" He inquires. "Aren't interrogations like, a Mafia only thing?"

"Yes, they are. But I know you loved Cheryl just as much as we did, I just assumed you would want to know what's going on but if you don't then you don't have to" he begins, "no you're right, I do want to know" I reply quickly, "I'll pick you up at 6 then" he adds as I pour the coffee into the cups. I pass one to Kyle and place mine on the table. I walk over to the cupboard and pull out a bottle of whiskey from the top shelf, breaking the seal and pouring some in. Kyle gives me a questioning look as I place the bottle down on the table and take a sip of my coffee, 'what? it's 5pm somewhere", he shrugs as he lifts the bottle and pours some in his own cup.

Kyle leaves after around an hour, it's only 11am so I have the whole day to spend before Kyle picks me up. I begin to brainstorm ideas for the day when I hear my phone buzz, I walk over to it and stare at the lock screen.

Lunch in an hour?
-Elisa

Yeah sure, meet at Daniels?
-Hope

I respond, referring to Daniel's restaurant.

Sounds good.
-Elisa

I place my phone back down on the table and let my clothes drop onto the floor. I turn the shower on and stare at myself in the mirror as I wait for the water to warm up. I stare at the scars that have been forcefully attached on to me, running my fingers over the one near my chest from when I got shot. I think back to that night, the night that I realised my whole life was a lie, but it was also one of the best nights because Dominic confessed his feelings for me, and I confessed mine. The mirror steams up and I turn to the shower.

Elisa and I are sitting on a table for two in the outdoor area of the restaurant as we converse about everything, though avoiding the topic of Cheryl at all times.

"Hello, what can I get you today?" A young waiter approaches us with his notebook and pen in hand, I order my meal as Elisa orders hers. The waiter informs us that our food will be ready in a bit before turning on his heels and leaving. Elisa and I go back to our discussion.

Unfortunately, we are interrupted about five minutes in as a good-looking guy in a suit approaches our table. He looks to be around 25 years old. "I apologise for interrupting your conversation ladies, but as I was sitting on my table my eye caught hold of the most exquisite lady I have ever seen." He stares down at me, "I decided that I obviously couldn't let a gem like you go by without at least trying to get you to join me for dinner tomorrow night?" He adds confidently. I chuckle a bit at his eagerness, and that he probably thinks he has game, but instantly feel bad and cover it up, "I'm sorry, I would love to but I have a boyfriend" I reply as sweetly as possible. He nods his head as he turns around and begins to walk back to his table. He stops and turns back around with an expression on his face that says he came up with the best idea ever, "what if your boyfriend never found out?" He questions. I see Elisa roll her eyes from my peripheral vision as I chuckle again, not bothering to cover it up this time. "Trust me, he finds out everything. Besides, I don't want to" I add. He looks slightly disappointed as he puts his hand in his pocket and pulls his wallet out. He lifts his black credit card, obviously trying to show it off to me, before putting it back in and pulling out a white business card. "Give me a call once you and your boyfriend break up then" he winks as me and turns around to walk away.