11

Hope's POV:

As I open the chats with myself from Dominic's phone, I notice the last text I sent him. It was last night, just a few minutes before I found Dominic.

Meet me by the ally outside.
-H

But I didn't send the text. I didn't even have my phone. But... Ryder. He had my phone, he was the only person I can think of right now. But maybe it was just a misunderstanding, maybe he didn't do it, maybe he just wanted something else. Maybe I sent the text and forgot about it... no, I didn't. That's impossible.

But, he wouldn't do that. Right?

As much as I truly want to believe that Ryder had taken no part in this, that it wasn't his idea, that he wasn't the one to commit such a horrid act, I can't deny that being 'dead' hasn't changed in. I know for a fact, that Ryder wouldn't have even thought of doing this two years ago. But now, I'm not too sure.

"Hey, you okay?" Dominic asks me in a soft whisper, he lifts his hand up to my cheek and brushes a strand of hair from out of my face and tucks it behind my ear. I lift my head to look at him and nod. I can feel my tears of anger, my tears of betrayal, threatening to escape out of my eyes but I force them back. I hate crying in front of people, I refuse to cry in front of people.

Honestly, I don't even have a reason to cry, I'm not sure about anything as of now. Today is Dominic's day, it should be about him and his recovery. Nothing else matters at the moment.

Not being able to hold the tears back anymore but being more than certain that I did not want Dominic to see me cry, I abruptly stand up and toss his phone onto the bed. It lands on his lap and he grabs hold of it, placing it on his bedside table as I begin running out of the door and into the hallways. I ignore his voice repeatedly calling my name and run out of the house through the main door.

I notice the limousine still parked outside, since the back is coated with Dominic's blood, I sit in the passenger seat. "Take me to Kyle's apartment please" I ask Marcel while wiping the tears from my cheek.

"Are you okay?" He asks me while starting the car, I nod. Unable to make out the right words. "Is Dominic okay?" He questions, his face turning pale as he pictures Dominic's dead body. "Yes, yes. God, yes. He's fine" I answer, not wanting Marcel to believe Dominic's lack of health any longer.

I don't want to be around anyone at the moment, which is why I choose to go to Kyle's empty apartment and not the penthouse filled with friends from school, and Nora.

Once I open the door, as expected, the house is empty. Kyle, Carter, Cole, and obviously Dominic are at Dominic's house right now so it comes as no surprise.

I wander over to my room and kick off my heels. They lay helplessly on the ground, my right one fallen to the side by the door and my left one fallen to the other side by the closet.

I pull the straps of the blood dyed dress over my shoulders and watch as it drops to the floor. With my head held low, I walk into the shower and rinse off Dominic's blood. Hoping to come up with a plan.

I could tell Kyle, but then Kyle would react without thinking, as he always does. Actually, Kyle would probably break a glass, and then break Ryder's neck. Ryder may have been Kyle's best friend two years ago from school, but he and Dominic clearly have a bond nobody can break.

I mentally scratch that off my list.

Not a single soul apart from Ryder and I knows that he had my phone. Oh god, what if Dominic actually believes that I set him up? No, I don't think so. He wouldn't have been so kind to me earlier today if that were the case. But what possible reason could Ryder have had to do this?