2

Hope's POV:

We're hit in the face by the welcoming aroma of a mixture of baked pasta and garlic fill the low lit restaurant, making my stomach grumble, as we walk in through the tall wood doors.

"Reservation?" A young, male waiter queries from behind the counter. He's dressed in a white button up shirt, the sleeves pulled all the way down to his wrists. The waistband of black slacks are held up by a simple black leather belt, and he wears a black serving apron on top. His blinding blonde hair is gelled up and his cheap cologne can be spotted from miles away. I shake my head no. "That's fine, we have a table for two available", he flashes me a kind smile as he lifts two menus from beside him and leads the way.

The restaurant is grand and luxurious, all the decorations looked expensive and so did the furniture. Small chandeliers hang delicately from the ceiling as the chairs and tables appeared to be made of a dark brown, oak wood. The setting is dark, despite the fact that it's only the middle of the day.

Nora and I overhear a couples conversation as we arrive to our prepped table, an elderly blonde woman accuses her husband of cheating on her. Nora glances up at me with amusement clear in her hazel eyes as we continue to pry our attention into the stranger's life. We stare at each other maintaining eye contact and attempting to be serious for half a minute before both of us burst into laughter.

We must've laughed louder than I had expected because I could hear someone shush us from the distance. Nora and I both roll our eyes and look back towards the open menus resting on the table in front of us.

Once we're done ordering, I give the same waiter a friendly smile as I lift up my close menu and hand him it. I turn my head back to face Nora once again before my eyes mistakingly connect with someone else's, seated behind the waiter.

His eyes are the first thing I notice about the man, he has deep green eyes that shine like emeralds, even under the dim light of the comfortable restaurant. He supports the type of eyes you could get lost in for days.

The man is handsome and tall, probably around 6'3 if he were standing. He doesn't look much older than me either, I'd assume that he is in his early 20s. He's sitting at the end of a long rectangular table filled with men in expensive suits and papers placed lightly on then dark oak in front of them. The suits vary in colour; some men are wearing dark suits, while others wear suits in all different shades of gray. Judging by the unimpressed posture and position of the dirty-blonde haired man seated next to him, it's a boring meeting of some kind. The man with green eyes has dark newly trimmed hair that's styled to perfection. He's wearing a black suit that looks very formal and expensive, though he doesn't accompany it with a tie.

"Hope", Nora announces while reaching her hand out to graze my arm. The action causes my heart to stop beating for a slight second as it takes me by surprise. I bounce out of my thoughts and turn fully towards Nora.

I pay close attention to what she has to say and we maintain the conversation for a few minutes before being interrupted by the waiter. He places plates of our food on the table in front of us. Steam rises from the plate of creamy white pasta that came in a small portion.

I lift my head up at Nora to see her lips curl downwards in a slight frown at the tiny portion, I know for a fact that she's going to want McDonald's after this.

I glance back up to where the man with green eyes was once sitting, only to see that he's no longer there. I feel a small weight drop in my stomach at the sight of the empty table, though it quickly disappears. He must have left while Nora and I were speaking.

It's probably for the best.

Once we're done with our food, I was obviously right. Nora begs me for McDonalds so I drive to the nearest branch and we are now sitting in a red and yellow booth eating a burger and fries.