7

Hope's POV:

***

Nearly 2 weeks has past since I last saw Ryder and there's still no new sign of him. I haven't told anyone about our previous meeting and I intend to remain that way, he'll tell them himself when he's ready - if that ever happens. I unfortunately had to return to Rhode Island in a rush the day after as I still have lessons to attend, but it did make it easier to hide the information from Kyle.

I sit silently on my bed, tears oozing out of my eyes as I hold the last photograph I ever took with the old Ryder. We're standing in front of a rollercoaster, hand in hand as I lean my head against his shoulder and smile brightly. I don't remember ever smiling that hard again. It became a habit for me within the past two weeks, I'd watch a cliche sad movie with a tub of Ben and Jerry's, and then continue to weep over the fact that I may never see him again. It's a cycle, as if I'm feeling Ryder's 'death' all over again.

I haven't spoken to Kyle either, he continuously texts and calls but I find a way to avoid them, I can't speak to him and continue to lie. In the past couple days however, he hasn't reached out at all. I'm back to my normal, boring life.

Old memories of Ryder and I circulate my mind as I shut my eyes, shifting off into a deep, slumber sleep.

***

I groan as I throw the heavy cream coloured sheets off my body and lift myself off my bed. I get ready for yet another dreadful day filled with unrelieved lessons, putting on the double hearted necklace that Ryder had gifted me for our one year anniversary.

It's break and I am once again standing by an open locker speaking to Nora while her attention remains on Matt, who stands behind with his friends in a large group. His attention is on Nora as well.

"Ugh, just get a room" I tease while pretending to gag. The feeling of nostalgia warms my body. Nora rolls her eyes in response just as the bell rings. I turn to shut my locker closed and turn back around, heading to my lessons, when I hear a large bang. My head snaps to my right, towards the main entrance to the large building.

A ground of four tall men crowd the lobby, in the front resides a furious Kyle. I could practically see the steam blowing out of his ears as he glares at me, storming towards me in a fitted button up shirt.

"Oh no" I murmur under my breath to myself, understanding that he's here for me. Following him are the sorority sluts: Dominic, Carter, and Cole.

I ignore the ogling eyes of horny college girls as they check out my brother and the rest of the power puff girls.

They all proceed to make their way towards me as Kyle slams his fist on my locker door and grabs my arm, "We're leaving, now" he growls in a whisper, leaving no room for questions. He leads me towards the main door of the school with my arm. I don't bother attempting to refuse as I know what's he's like when he's angry, besides he's twice my size.

Once we get out of the school, Kyle heads towards his car with Carter and Cole. Dominic stays beside me.

"What?" I question with an aggravated tone as I stand with my arms crossed above my chest, my eyes glaring at him through the side. He stands still with no emotion, leaning against the hood of my car.

He wasn't like this the first time I met him.

"We need to go back to New York. So drive" he instructs, nodding his head towards my hand where my car keys are already placed. "Why are you with me then?" I ask him, he rolls his eyes as he pulls his hands from out of his pockets and stands tall, towering over my body.