15

Nora's POV:

__________

"Do you know where Matt is?" I ask one of the girls I recognise from school. "I saw him go into that room with his girlfriend" the blonde girl smirks while pointing her long cheap acrylics towards a room near us.

Girlfriend?

"Okay, thanks" I reply with a small smile, obviously confused.

I walk in without knocking and the sight in front of me makes my heart stop beating.

Matt is leaned over a table with Ashley laying on it. Both her legs at each side of Matt's waist. Matt is so concentrated on sucking Ashley's face off and pulling her dress down from the shoulders that he doesn't even realise me standing there.

Ashley on the other hand is staring at me with wicked eyes.

"WHAT THE FUCK MATT" I scream as tears fall down my face.

Matt disconnects his lips from Ashleys and looks up at me. I stare into Matt's regretful eyes with rage.

I snap my attention back to Ashley who's fixing her red lipstick from the front camera of her phone, before noticing me staring at her. She takes her eyes away from her screen, and gives me a smirk. I roll my eyes and face Matt.

I don't need an explanation and I certainly don't need to hear anymore of his lies.

"We're done." I announced firmly and turn around.

On my way out I hear Matt's voice, "no we aren't".

Okay so now I need permission to break up with you?

"And who said?" I ask glaring at him.

"I did" he shrugs.

"Well it's a good thing that your input doesn't matter then" I give him a fake smile before turning around again. I take approximately three steps forward before I feel my hair lifts off my shoulder and pain spread through my head.

I'm yanked back to Matt by my hair. He shoves me to the side with one arm causing me to trip over my heels and fall to the ground. He stomps over to the door and slams it shut, making the walls slightly vibrate behind me, before turning back to me with a provoked expression.

He storms over to me and wraps his hands around my arms, aggressively lifting me up and slamming me against the wall from my chest. My arms and chest tingle as I can feel my body start to bruise. I look away from him. This angers him more and I feel his large hands grip around my throat lifting me above the ground. "We are not over till I say we are" we spits out slowly, emphasising the 'i'.

I struggle to breathe as I stare into his merciless eyes.

I turn to look at Ashley who is still sat on the table with an ugly smile across her face.

I try to form words but I can't speak out loud. My head begins to feel light and I see dark spots cover my vision. I stop struggling and right as I'm about to give up hope, I hear the door slam open and I catch a glimpse of someone tall with dirty blonde hair run towards Matt. He tackles Matt to the ground and I slam onto the floor, taking deep breathes in as I try to gain my full consciousness back.

I hear Matt's grunts and the sounds of fists colliding with skin. The room goes silent and I feel large and hard arms wrap around me. "You're okay... You're okay... You're okay" he repeats in a soft whisper as the tears pour down my face. The dark spots disappear as I turn to my right and see Ashley leaning over an unconscious and bloody Matt with her palms against his cheek. She lets go of his face and digs her hands deep into his pockets, pulling out his wallet from one of them. I look up at the guy and I see someone I didn't expect to.

Carter.

Carter's deep blue eyes are now soft as he looks down at me. His chestnut hair has strands falling down onto his forehead. I look down to where his soft hands connect with my skin. His knuckles are red and bleeding.

I open my mouth to thank him before I hear a loud bang. We both jump up and run out of the room.

__________

I debate over whether I should tell Hope about what happened or not but the convincing look on her face suggests I should.

I explain the whole night with Matt and Carter in full detail to her as she looks down at me. Not with pity, but with anger towards Matt. 

When I'm done with a very tear filled explanation, she wraps her arms around me and hugs me tight. I continue to cry on her shoulder.

After what's feels like hours, I finally calm down and stop crying. Hope stands up when there's a knock on the door. "Come in" she yells from where she stood and the door slowly opens with Kyle.

"I'll let you guys be" Hope says with a cheeky grin on her face and she limps out.

Kyle sits next to me on the bed and we stay silent for a while.

Kyle breaks the silence

"It was a mistake"

I breathe out a breath of release and reply to him.

"We should pretend it never happened"

I look up at Kyle with a nervous smile on my face while he chuckles.

"Look, I'm not sure what happened last night but I don't see you in that way. I know that we can't take it back but I hope it doesn't change the way we view each other or it doesn't change our friendship" he says quietly.

I nod in agreement.

I don't see Kyle in that way, what happened last night was something that occurred in the heat of the moment and it didn't mean anything to either of us.

He finally looks up at me and gives me a smile. We begin to talk about the most random things, like we did before.

Around ten minutes later, Kyle stands up and gives me a quick hug, as if to say 'I'm glad this didn't ruin our friendship'.

I smile as he walks out the door, and head to the shower.