Soldiers are coming

Two days later

Two days later...

"W-what do you see, Lizzie?" Lisbet asked quietly as she sat beside her cousin.
"Nothing yet, dear one..."

Lizzie was currently holding her hand out to the waters of the small Grafton river. She was trying to reach the water goddess Melusina, of whom, she was an ancestor. By looking into the watery depths of the river she was trying to find out what befell the ill-fated King and Queen at Bosworth.

It was not something she had wanted to do but her orphaned cousins had begged her to try. At first they had gone to their Aunt but after learning of the outcome of Bosworth, she had taken to her bed, locking herself in her rooms, she had not been seen for two days.

Now, hand held out to the water, young Lisbet sat beside her in a black gown, toying with the diamond and ruby crucifix that could always been seen around her neck, Lizzie tried to focus, tried to find the answers to her cousins questions...no matter how heartbreaking they were.

Lisbet shuddered again, though the day was hot and the sun beat down upon her body, she found that sudden chills would surge through her every so often...every time she thought of her parents. They were dead...she and her siblings were orphans...it was hard to comprehend. Just a few days prior, they had been the Princes and Princesses of England, their eldest brother Edmund, the heir to the throne! Now...now they knew not where they stood, according to reports the Tudor has seized the throne, the throne that had been their fathers, rightfully belonged to Ed!

They feared for their lives, feared for each other. Soon enough the usurper would find out where they were and when he did...they did not know what would be done with them. Even though they were children, they were a threat to the Tudor, to his new 'reign', especially the two boys. Would they be locked in the tower? Would they disappear as their cousins (Edward V and Richard of Shrewsbury) had done or would they simply be left to rot?

"Holy mother have mercy upon me..."
The young girl's head shot up as her cousin exclaimed in grim surprise, tears filling her eyes as her hand dropped to her side.
"What is it, Lizzie?" She asked anxiously, rising from the ground "please, tell me what you see!"
"Your father..."
"Yes? Tell me! What happened to Papa?"
Lizzie took a deep breath and Lisbet felt her heart pound in her chest, threatening to break through the bodice of her gown.
"From what I saw...it looked like...it...it looked like he was stabbed by the enemy...I'm so sorry, Lisbet"

The girl stared at her cousin, wide eyed as if she did not believe what she had just heard.
"And mama?" She enquired, lip trembling slightly. Lizzie shook her head.
"I don't see her Lisbet...I couldn't...it's too much..."
"Please!" Lisbet begged, taking Lizzie's hand "please try! For me! For my brothers and sisters! I have to know...please, cousin"

"Soldiers" the young woman suddenly hissed and Lisbet's head swung round, the sound of hooves pounding against the earth, rumbling faintly in her ears. In the distance she could just make out a pack of horses, men atop them, waving their swords in the air as their standard was raised...the Tudor standard...