Francis

"Can I ask you something, dear one?" Lizzie began gently as she sat down beside Lisbet on the girl's bed, tilting her head, while Cecily went to put Maggie to sleep

"You may?" Lisbet replied, staring away into the distance
"How did you injure your back?"

Lisbet's eyes shot to meet her cousin's and then she shrugged, slowly reaching around to unlace her gown. What would be the point in hiding what Lady Margaret had done to her from Lizzie? Besides, for days now she had longed to share her troubles with someone and was now with the person she trusted the most (aside from her Aunt Elizabeth). Yes, she would trust Lizzie with her life.

Easing away her dress and chemise from her back, Lisbet heard Lizzie gasp then curse.
"Those bastards...was it Tudor who did this to you?"
"No...Lady Margaret"

Lizzie cursed again and reached out to gently touch one of the slashes, making Lisbet instantly recoil.
"Oh, my dear one, I'm so so sorry! Why on earth would Lady Margaret harm you like this? Even I did not think she would carry through with her threat"

"It was in retribution for running away with Uncle Francis" she paused, mind suddenly racing, heart quickening pace at a unnatural pace "Uncle Francis..." she pulled her gown and chemise back up "Francis...Lovell..." she tied the laces as her mind suddenly screamed the words she had heard when leaving Moreland Manor 'Lovell and Warwick'. "Lizzie! Lizzie I must go but I will be back soon, I promise!"

Her cousin looked up, confused, she had been about to send for a bowl of warm water and new bandages for Lisbet's back.

"Whatever do you mean dear one? You must rest, I insist!" She said but was paid no heed as Lisbet grabbed a cloak from her coffer and pulled out a large purse of gold too, tucking it away in her skirts.

She picked up a lantern and lit the candle inside using a piece of kindling from the fire and then rose to her feet, wrapping her cloak around her and heading for the door, looking back one last time at a bewildered Lizzie.

"I will be back" she assured her "I promise" and then she was gone, slipping through the door and closing it gently behind her before rushing to the next set of chambers and creeping inside.

Lord she hoped she wasn't too late! All this time she had though that 'Lovell' would be referring to Francis' father but after the episode with Teddy she wasn't prepared to take any chances!

In her mind the young girl chastised herself for not thinking of her dear friend earlier and sent up a small prayer to God as she entered Francis' room, holding up the lantern and sighing with relief as she saw his sleeping figure.

Creeping over to his bed, she shook his shoulder "Francis" she hissed "Francis wake up!"

The boy woke and after a moment of confusion a grin spread across his face.
"Christ, Lisbet, you didn't half scare me!" He laughed "What are you doing in my chambers at this hour!"
"We need to go Francis, you need to go! At least until we know its safe!"