Angels without Wings

May, 1499, Westminster

"Come here, my boys" Lisbet called happily as she held out her hands, watching as Harry and Arthur ran to her from the garden bushes. Whisking the little red headed seven year old from the ground she smiled as she felt his small arms wind around her neck and nuzzled into his curls.

"Our Lady Mother says you are to have a child" Arthur stated, matter o'factly and looked up at Lisbet for confirmation, his hand resting on the hilt of his dagger as usual.
"I am" she chucked and Harry practically bounced in her arms a wide grin on his face.

"A baby!" He exclaimed, causing his older brother to roll his eyes "a real baby?" His face fell a little and Lisbet tilted his chin up with her free hand "you won't love me any less will you, Elizabeth?"

"Of course not!" She whispered with a smile and the boy was at once jovial again.
"I shall take care of them! I swear it!" He announced, placing a hand to his heart.
"She can hold you to that now, you know!" Arthur laughed and Henry scowled at him.
"I hope, Elizabeth does! For it is a vow I will keep for all eternity! God shall see that I do!"

Lisbet's heart jumped with love and she kissed Harry's cheek again before setting him down on his feet and taking the hand Arthur offered.
"Will you name the baby after me?" He asked and peered up at his friend before looking to his little brother to see how he would react. As predicted, Harry immediately fell into step beside him and shook his head.

"No! If it's a son, Elizabeth, will name the baby after me! Isn't that right?"
"I do not know what I shall call him!" She replied "although if my babe is a girl, I shall call her Anne"

"Anne" Arthur repeated quietly, kicking a stone in front of him "Anne Lovell"
"Anne Plantagenet" his brother corrected, making Lisbet smile "the baby shall be a Plantagenet. A very fine one too if Elizabeth is their mother!"

"You flatter me, little lord" the Duchess replied "and..."

"Elizabeth! Elizabeth! I swear to God, slow down!"

Lisbet turned to see Henry rushing towards her, is chest heaving up and down from running and his face reddened. Caught off guard by his sudden appearance, she rushed forward to meet him and caught him in her arms as he stumbled.

"What is it, my lord?" She asked hurriedly as he regained his footing and took her hands surprisingly gently in his.
"It's Bianca" he said "she's going into labour...I thought you should know"

"Oh good god!" Lisbet cried and made to run, only turning back at the last second "May I go to her?"
"I can't stop you, believe me!" Henry replied as she took off down the path, raising her skirts a little so she wouldn't trip.

Faster than lightening, Lisbet sped through the corridors, almost knocking over several brightly dressed nobles, Meg and Lady Margaret in her haste!
"Be careful, girl!" The lady had barked but Lisbet had payed no attention to her, simply kissed her sister on the cheek and went on her way. Meg made to go after her but her captor grabbed her and yanked her back "do not take another step, Margaret" she warned and Meg hung her head, stepping back in line with the other ladies.