Visions of a Few

At last waking from her slumber, Lisbet sat up in her bed at Middleham castle, eyes wide with wonder

"Hello?" She called, spotting a large figure, clad in a shining gold doublet at the window, twirling a ring around his little finger. The figure turned, it was King Richard. "Papa!" Lisbet cried, leaping from the bed and into his waiting arms "papa you're back! You have come to make everything right again!"

"My sweet daughter" Richard murmured as he held her "oh how I have missed you" he drew away a little, slumping down into a chair. It was then Lisbet saw his eyes were filled with tears "I'm sorry...so very sorry for what they have done to you...believe me if I still lived they would all be dead...of that you can be sure"

"You couldn't have stopped it" Lisbet replied, taking his hands "though you do not know how much I wish you and mama were still alive, Papa...we are lost without you!" She glanced around "w-where is mama? Is she safe?" Richard now smiled and embraced his daughter.

"She is" he said gently "and one day you will see her again...but for now you only have me, I hope that is enough?"
Lisbet grinned, laughing
"Of course you are enough, papa! Shall the others see you too? Ed and Ned and Meg and Cece and Mary? Oh and where is..."

"Lisbet!" Her head turned to the door at the speed of light as she heard her brother call out her name.
"Dickon!" She screamed, rushing to his and gathering him into her arms "Dickon! Jesus Christ you are safe! I thought I would never see you again!"

"You shouldn't have doubted me, Lisbet!" Dickon laughed "I'll always try be with you and our brothers and sisters! And I will do what I can to protect you!" He looked to Richard "is that possible, papa? Can we protect them? For I can't watch them suffer and not do anything!"

Richard chuckled at his son's earnest expression.
"I hope so, lad. I believe we may be able to perform some sort of divine intervention but I cannot be sure!"

Dickon nodded, looking pensive for a moment before gazing at Lisbet.
"I would kill Lady Margaret if I could" he said fiercely "I really truly would!"

"I don't doubt it!" She replied and then looked around as the room began to darken "papa, w-what's happening..."

"Your time here is coming to an end" Richard answered gently as she nodded hugging Dickon as tightly as she could
"Tell Ned I miss him" they boy whispered "tell Ed too..."

The scene began to fade and as Dickon disappeared from sight, Lisbet rushed to her father; threw her arms around him.
"Don't let me leave!" She begged "I don't want to go back..."