Fears of the Past

June, 1495, Gravensteen

As Lisbet's eyes fluttered open she saw Francis staring down at her, propped up on his elbow.
"Is watching me sleep going to become a daily occurrence?" She murmured "I don't know how many times I have caught you at it, Francis!"

"And I don't intent to stop" Francis replied, gently kissing her neck, one of his hands sliding up and down Lisbet's body, causing her to instantly warm to his touch and snuggle into him "for what man could stop from gazing down at such a divine woman...a divine woman who has let me claim her heart and whom I shall love for all eternity"

Lisbet sat up and stared down at her lover, a smile playing around her lips.
"I love you Francis Lovell" she murmured, climbing on top of him, her dark hair creating a curtain around them "and no one on this earth could ever take me from you"

"Im glad to hear it" Francis replied with a smirk grabbing her hips as he thrust his upwards, entering Lisbet with ease and laughing when she let out a startled moan of pleasure, rolling her hips at once and tossing back her head. Francis sat up and secured his arms around her, kissing her breasts and groaning slightly when she tugged on his hair, pushing him back down onto the pillows in a surge of passion.

༒༒༒

"You are the loveliest woman to ever walk the earth and one day I will marry you I do swear it" Francis murmured as he laced up the back of her gown, placing kisses on her shoulders as he did so "although you must know that this wait is torture for me, my sweet, we could have gotten married years ago yet we have not!"

"And you are the handsomest man!" Lisbet replied, pulling her sleeves upwards so that Francis found himself kissing a length of emerald silk "but we must wait until the war is over, you promised that we would wait to get married and we will! Now let's get on with the day!"
"A day that luckily promises pleasure"
"Oh really? How so?" Lisbet called as she slipped through the secret door to feed Bailarín from the little tray of breadcrumbs she had Bianca fill every morning.

"Because!" Francis answered, darting after her as he pulled his shirt over his head "today we are all free of duties and are going to picnic by a river!"
"And so that means?"
"That means, my love that we can go for a swim" he winked at Lisbet and she threw a breadcrumb at him, applauding when he caught it in his mouth "and I've heard that cool swims in rivers can often ignite passions!" He ran back through the door as Lisbet threw another breadcrumb and Bailarín chirped happily on his perch, immediately taking flight as his mistress opened her bedroom window, letting him out for the day.

"Do not fly far, my little bird!" She called after him with a smile.

༒༒༒

"I hear that the Gordon woman is to arrive at court next week?" Ned murmured as he, Lisbet and Edmund sat by the rushing river together, the other three of their party (Francis, Magdalena and Bianca) currently trying to find the best places to swim.