My Darling Daughter

Marian stood from her throne and let out a cry of joy as she gathered up the train of her gown and rushed towards her daughter, eyes alight with the happiest of tears

"Lisbet!" She cried, enfolding the shocked girl in her arms "oh my baby! My dear sweet baby! You are safe! You are safe!"
"Mama" Lisbet murmured, wrapping her arms around her mother's neck "mama...oh mama...can this really be..." she lost her balance and her legs gave way, taking her mother with her.
"It is!" Marian cried, laughing and crying simultaneously as she placed feverish kisses all over her daughter's face "it is ma chérie! I'm here! You're safe with me...and I promise, my sweet child...I promise that I shall never let you go again!"

"Mama" Lisbet repeated, a small smile forming on her lips as she felt her head spin "tis too good to be true..."

༒༒༒

The Next morning...

Lisbet came around to the sound of silk rustling and a sweet voice humming a familiar tune. The image of her mother holding her crossed her mind and she revelled in her dream. 'It seemed so real!' She thought with a soft smile "oh how I wish it would be true.."

"You wish what could be true, ma chérie?"

Lisbet sat up at the speed of lighting to see her mother grinning at her from an ornate vanity, still dressed in her golden gown, a comb in her hand as she absentmindedly brushed a loose wave.
"It was real" she whispered "you're real...but you can't be...y-you're...your..."
"Dead?" Her mother offered
"Exactly! You're supposed to be dead!"

"Well, I'm very sorry to disappoint you!" Marian chuckled as she gracefully walked to her daughter's side and sat on top of the soft bed covers, taking Lisbet's small hand in her own "how much you have grown! You are even more beautiful than I remember! Lord above I have missed you!" She drew the girl from the sheets of the bed and into her arms, rocking her as if she were just a babe again while crying silently into her hair.

"Do not cry, mama" Lisbet soothed, gradually overcoming her initial shock though still refusing to fully believe that this was not some sort of mystical dream or perhaps simply heaven, though how she could have died, she did not know.

"I'm just so happy...so relived! You are safe, ma chérie! In truth I feared I would never see you again!"
"Ah, so you thought you could get rid of me that easily did you?" Lisbet giggled "I'm a York mother! It will take more than a few Tudors to keep me from my kin's side"

Marian smiled and kissed her daughter's cheek, gently stroking her hair.
"You have my mother's eyes" she said softly and Lisbet nodded.
"Aye and in turn I have your eyes too!" She then frowned, her brow creasing slightly "b-but how are you here, mama? Everyone thought you were dead!"

"I almost was" Marian replied, slowly rising from the bed and walking over to one of the windows. She threw it open and then leaned on the ledge, looking out over the city, gesturing for her daughter to come to her side "if you truly wish to know, Lisbet then I shall tell you what happened but are you sure you want to know? Can you take it?"
"I can and I will"