Lovers of Love

4 years later, September 1491, Lisbet is 16

"Come on you slowpoke!" Lisbet yelled over her shoulder as she and Edmund raced through the forest just outside of Ghent.

"You think you can beat me?" The 18 year old yelled back as he gained on her "ha! You're just like Uncle Harry was! Always trying to win at everything!"
"But didn't Harry always win? I remember one day when we were in York he beat you at Jacks four times, Eddie! Four times!"
"That was 8 years ago, little sister! I think you will find I have much improved with my skill in the game and could beat you easily!"

Lisbet scoffed and slowed her horse, her brother following suit, as she waited for the others to catch up with them.
"Is that a challenge, Eddie?" She taunted.
"Perhaps"

"Tallyho my good fellows!" Ned's voice boomed through the trees as he emerged atop his jet black destrier, which suited his 6,4 stature well, Bianca clinging onto him from behind and squealing a little as Ned urged his horse to go faster.
"I shall fly off Ned!" She cried and Ned laughed.
"Rest assured, my lady, you are quite safe when I'm around!"

"I wouldn't be so sure about that!" Francis called as he rode up next to Ned, Magdalena beside him "what do you think, Magda?"
"Oh, I think my sister is safe" she laughed merrily, "for now at least!" Her sister flushed a bright red and hid her face in the back of Ned's green doublet.

Edmund and Lisbet waited patiently at the top of the small hill they had raced up for their friends and kin to arrive, looking out over the woods and the city below.
"Annie begged me to let her come with us this morning!" Lisbet commented, remembering how the five year old had clung to her older sisters skirts. Ed laughed loudly in response, having become a little more relaxed with his little sister over the years but, while now able to at least hold her for a bit, he still found himself ill at ease around young children, thinking them strange little creatures.

The two fifteen year olds on the destrier were the first to arrive and they both grinned at the older pair, nodding in greeting, being out of breath from the ride.

Then 18 year old Magda rode up and grinned around at all, having overcome her solemn, reserved expression over the years as she became closer with the Plantagenet siblings and Francis though she was notably the quieter member of the group, reminding Lisbet of her father a little.

Francis was quick to follow Magda and immediately went to Lisbet's side, winking at her and chuckling when she blushed slightly.
"Francis!" She chided, though her voice held no conviction and she reached out to take his hand, intertwining their fingers for a moment before Edmund spoke up.

"Here seems a perfect place to hold our picnic!" He announced, gesturing regally to the surrounding area. The trees kept them safe from the biting October wind and instead let beams of sunlight slip through the branches, illuminating the small hill in shades of gold.