Letters to No One

"What on earth did they do to you?" Lizzie cried as she rushed to Lisbet, sweeping her from Jasper Tudor's arms and into her own "oh, my dear one"

Elizabeth gasped and gathered the others to her side, comforting Meg, Mary and Cece while they sobbed.
"What happened?" She hissed, glaring at Jasper who was wearing a sympathetic look on his face "I did not think he would stoop to this level! Abusing ten year olds!"

"I am afraid, the Lady Elizabeth insulted my Lady the King's Mother and the King himself...that was the result. She's lucky I put a stop to it before it could go any further"
He answered and Cecily looked up from embracing her namesake .
"Lady Elizabeth?" She repeated arching an eyebrow "It is Princess Elizabeth, is it not?"

"They have proclaimed us bastards!" Lisbet suddenly cried, freeing herself from Lizzie and rushing into the small chamber, leaving all staring after her. Elizabeth was quick to follow, drawing the curtain so that she and her niece were separated from the rest and slowly making her way over to the bed where Lisbet was curled up, shaking with sobs.
"My dear child" She whispered, sitting down upon the covers and placing a gentle hand upon the young girl's arm "what did the usurper do? You must tell me..."

Slowly but surely, Lisbet ceased her crying, wiping away the tears that streaked across her face and sitting up, looking towards Elizabeth who was on the verge of tears herself.

"T-t-they...h-he" Lisbet stammered "he...proclaimed me a bastard...me and my brothers and sisters...he claimed my parent's marriage was not valid...that they did not have something called a dispensation..."
"That is not true!" Elizabeth breathed, shocked
"I know that, Aunt...even my Lady Grandmother the Duchess Cecily stood firmly against his claim though it is well known she did hate my mother...she is in the Tower now..."

"The Tower?"
"Aye, the Tower...she refused to swear fealty to the Tudor...and they took her away...there is no hope now, Elizabeth...no hope at all"

"You know in your heart that that is a lie, hope is far from gone!" Elizabeth declared, pulling Lisbet into a hug "you are a Plantagenet, a true Plantagenet as your siblings are and never ever forget that. We shall triumph again soon and shall all be restored to our rightful places. These Tudors shall be gone forever and England shall once more prosper under the banner of the White Rose!"

༒༒༒

"Lisbet" Elizabeth whispered "Lisbet wake up, my dear"

Lisbet opened her eyes, finally awaking from the deep sleep she had fallen into after the episode in the throne room. She put a hand to her cheek, found the skin was grazed where Lady Margaret's rings had caught it. It still stung. Lifting her head from the pillow she looked to her side to see her Aunt smiling at her, a letter in her hand.

"Who is it to?" Lisbet asked quietly
"Jan Warbeck, the boatman in Tornai" Elizabeth answered "I bid your brothers go to him, we must pray they got there"
"But how shall you deliver it?"