Let Battle Commence

22nd of August 1498

22nd of August 1498...

Her skirts pushed up around her waist and hair tumbling down her back, Lisbet clamped a hand to her mouth in an attempt to muffle her pleasure filled cries while Francis roughly thrust into her, pressing her against the centre pillar of her tent. Kissing the curve of her neck, he yanked down the sleeve of her gown, almost ripping the silk in his efforts, and placed burning kisses along her shoulder.

Then, claiming her mouth with his, Francis let out a moan and pulled his hands out from under Lisbet's skirts, burying them in her hair before pulling her over to the bed and pressing her onto the covers.

Lisbet quickly grabbed his shoulders and clambered on top of him, pulled his shirt over his head while he thrust upwards and she brought her hips down, eliciting cries from both of them.

Pressing close to him, Lisbet tossed back her head and felt her eyes roll back into her head as she let out one last cry and collapsed onto her husband while he followed her into bliss.

"I don't want you to fight" she whispered when she finally regained her breath and her mind, removing the rest of her clothes and Francis' too before slipping back into the bed beside him, laying her head on his chest. Slowly, she began to trace light patterns with her finger on his skin and the Duke smiled, wrapping his arms around her.

"You know I must" he said simply "as must you, and Ned and Ed...and probably your mother!"
"Mama?"
"Aye! Do you really expect Marian of Lancaster to stand idle while you defeat the Tudors all by yourselves?"

Lisbet gave a small giggle and shook her head.
"Nay" she concurred "if she didn't intend to fight, why would she be here?"

༒༒༒

Lisbet felt a shudder go through her as Bianca gently strapped her pauldron, which sported a freshly painted white rose, to her breastplate and adjusted her mail, the metal rings creating a small rattle as they moved.

"Do not be afraid" the Duchess of York said gently "you are one of the best soldiers I know, Lisbet, you are a survivor and you shall survive this" Lisbet nodded mutely and picked up her gauntlets, sliding them onto her hands and bending each of her fingers in turn to make sure all of the metal joints worked.

"Do you still remember the day we met?" She asked quietly "Twas the day..."
"Twas the day Lady Margaret whipped you" Bianca finished in a sympathetic tone and went to stand in front of her sister in law "that was the day I decided you were the bravest person on this earth!"
"Not the bravest, dear sister..."
"I disagree! For I do not know many twelve year olds who could withstand being beaten with a steel tipped whip, my friend!"

"I still carry a scar from that experience" Lisbet sighed and arched an eyebrow "and not just in my mind!"
"I know" Bianca replied with a small smile, reaching over her friends shoulder and running a finger gently across the top of her back where a small white line lay engraved upon her skin, the last remnant of Lady Margaret's wrath "I always wonder why it did not heal as the others did"
"Perhaps it's Gods way of reminding me of how that woman hurt me...so I could keep up my hatred for her?"
"Ah yes, it is God's will!"