You Are All That I Have

Early the next morning, dressed in her cumbersome grey gown that she had worn at the abbey, Lisbet looked back once more to the sleeping form of Meg, stretched out on their bed and smiled

Early the next morning, dressed in her cumbersome grey gown that she had worn at the abbey, Lisbet looked back once more to the sleeping form of Meg, stretched out on their bed and smiled. She tiptoed over to retrieve her brown cloak and pressed a kiss to Meg's head.

The 10 year old squirmed a little bit and groaned, turning away from Lisbet as she chuckled, tucking the covers around Meg before slipping from the room. She pulled up her hood so as not to be recognised and almost jumped out of her skin when she rounded a corner and Lizzie was there, dressed in a dark gown and cloak as well.

Lisbet let out a squeal but quickly found her cousin's hand over her mouth.
"Hush!" She commanded, jerking the head towards the door "they may be asleep but that doesn't mean they won't wake at any moment!"

Lisbet nodded and was at last set free, following Lizzie into the garden. The cold February air hit them like a slap and the frosty grass crunched beneath their slippers, each step causing the two to wince a little. They cast worried glances over their shoulders, clutching onto each other's hands so as to not to slip on the ice that covered the stone pathways and finally made it to the walls of the place beyond which ran the river Thames. Pushing open the heavy, creaking garden door the pair rushed out to the edge of the waters where a hooded boatman was waiting.

"I am so very grateful to you" Lizzie whispered to the man as she and her cousin clambered in, passing him a purse of gold.
"Anything for the house of York, your grace" the man replied and Lisbet's lips split into a wide smile, bringing clasping her hands in front of her.

"Ned!" She cried and Ned threw off his hood, grinning at her and pushing off from the edge of the icy river with his oars "how did you manage to escape the stables for this?"

Ned laughed, though hastily silenced his mirth and bowing his head with a smirk as Lizzie shot him a sharp glance.

"I have one of my allies to cover for me, your grace, now we had best get on with rowing or you shan't be back before the day is done!"

༒༒༒

"It's Lizzie! Lizzie and Lisbet!" The five little girls cried as the two entered the abbey rooms.

Mary clung to Lisbet's skirts, her face turning red as she begun to cry, now holding her arms up. Lisbet lifted her sister from the ground and walked to a window, sitting down; followed by Cecily who curled up beside her siblings.

"There there, sweetings!" Lisbet cooed to the both of them as they wept openly "what is all this?"
"W-we missed y-you, sissy!" Mary said, biting her lip as she tried to control her small sobs.
"Yes!" Cece agreed "W-we thought we may never see you again!"
"Ah, my dearest, sweetest sisters!" Lisbet cried, hugging them tightly to her chest "I shall never abandon you! Not in a hundred years!"

"Lisbet!" Elizabeth cried and her niece passed Mary over to her sister, smoothing down her tumble of flaxen hair.
"Oh my dearest Aunt!" She said, embracing Elizabeth heartily "are you well?"
"I am! And so glad you and Lizzie have come to me at last!" Her face darkened "although I hear Cecily has been married..."