A Noble Must a Prince Wed

October, 1494, Lisbet is 20

"Plotting again, Aunt?" Lisbet asked as she strolled along the gardens of Gravensteen, spotting her Grandmother and Aunt at a table, piles of paper surrounding them.

"She is!" Cecily confirmed
"I am not!" Margaret protested but there was a mischievous glint in her eyes which suggested otherwise "I am simply trying to make peace?"

"Peace?" Her niece exclaimed with a grin, sitting in between the two women "and when have you ever been known to make peace?"
"Alright!" Margaret laughed "if you insist I'm seeking to irritate Tudor! I've sent him a letter inviting him to our court!"

"I know" Cecily said when she caught Lisbet's startled expression "I thinks it's ludicrous as well!"
"What is?" A cheerful voice asked and the trio at the table turned to see Marian behind them, the crown of England on her head as usual and a smile gracing her lips "is there a plot afoot?"
"There is!" Lisbet answered "though I don't know it in its entirety yet! Aunt Margaret has invited Tudor and his wife to court"

"Sister!" Marian exclaimed with a laugh "what is this?"
"A plan to prove our power to England!" Margaret said "by doing this, by so blatantly flaunting our possession of your brothers, Lord that sounds rather strange doesn't it, we are showing the entirety of the English nobility our boldness, that we are ready and willing to fight..."
"And therefore perhaps encouraging the remaining Yorkists in England to rise up for us!"
"Exactly, sister! I have just sent the letter and it will arrive shortly in Tudor's hands. What I would pay to see his reaction you do not know!"

"But now we have other matters to attend to" Cecily reminded her kin, rising from her chair and leaning on Lisbet (who stood with her) for support "come, Lisbet, let us go and find Edmund. We have matches for us to discuss!"

༒༒༒

The Next Day...

Stepping up to her brother's bedroom door, Lisbet cringed a little as she heard giggles from inside.
'Damn' she thought 'he is with Magda'

"Lisbet? What is taking so long?" Cecily called from the end of the hall and Lisbet knew there was only one thing for it.

Taking a deep breath she burst into the room, turning her back as Magda let out a sharp squeal and rolled off Edmund who covered her with blankets and turned a deep red.
"What is the meaning of this, sister?" He yelled, reaching to retrieve his trousers while Lisbet blushed fiercely and kept her back turned.
"Our Lady Gradmother requests your presence, Edmund..."

"Well tell our lady Grandmother to fuck off!" Edmund snapped and turned back to Magdalena, pulling her into his arms again until the door once more banged open and Cecily Neville strode in, up to the bed, brandishing her walking stick.
"Edmund Plantagenet" she yelled with so much authority that Edmund could do nothing but face her, a genuinely frightened look on his face "you are a York! You will leave your whore at once and come with me and your sister"