Shards of Glass

Three days later

Three days later...

"Two hundred and forty four...two hundred and forty five...two hundred and..."
"Mhm" Lisbet murmured as Francis kissed every inch of her body, his aim being to get to 500 kisses before the sun fully rose "we have to go back today" she said and her husband raised his head with a frown.

"Now you've distracted me, my Lady! I'll have to start again!" He exclaimed, leaning forward and kissing his Duchess on the nose before bending his head to valley of her breasts and beginning to count from one until she gently pushed him away and stood up from the bed, grinning.

"You do know that just because you refuse to acknowledge it doesn't make it any less true?" She asked, opening a coffer and pulling out one of the silk gowns inside before turning back to Francis and raising an eyebrow when she saw him frown a little.
"What ever do you mean, wife?" He replied
"I mean we have to leave today! We must go back to court!"

Francis groaned and pulled up the rumpled sheets of their bed around him, running a hand through his hair.
"No" he mumbled into the pillows like a small child on the brink of a tantrum "no, I'm not leaving and neither are you!"

Lisbet gave a small shout of laughter and threw her gown aside, sliding back into bed and drawing her disgruntled Duke into her arms.
"You knew we had to go back!" She said as he settled his head on her shoulder "and now the time has come to return to reality! We cannot stay in this heaven forever! Unless you intend to hold me hostage?"

"Perhaps" Francis replied, a grin spreading across his lips "we shall live here and raise our ten children! I shall go out and hunt each day and then come back home to your warm bed in the evenings!"
"Ha! As if a life such as that would ever suit me, my love! Besides, going back to court shall not be all bad...we can announce our marriage...and not have to hide our love anymore! The whole world can know now! And in truth I want it to know! I want every person on earth to know how much I love you, Lovell"

Francis smiled and caught her chin in his hand, pulling her into a kiss before a neigh from outside the lodge jolted them to reality.
"What was that?"
"Tis Probably just Ares" he said "he's been outside for three days now..." The neigh came again and Francis sat up.
"Now that is not Ares!" Lisbet said before starting as she heard a jolly voice outside.

"Come out you two or I swear I shall break down the door!"
"Ned!" She cried and shot from the bed, pulling her nightgown on and rushing to the lodge door, quickly followed by her husband who threw a robe around himself "Ned what are you doing her!"

Her brother grinned upon seeing her and rushed forward, swinging her up into his arms.
"Congratulations my dearest sister! You have a husband at last!"
"How did you know?" She cried and Ned laughed "I know that you two have been here for the past few days in what only me and Bianca can describe as wedded bliss, twas obvious what has happened!"