Chapter 10

You wake and look around noticing Alice the only one awake. You walk up to the van and sit next to her. "Hey" she looks at you and gives you a smile. "Hey." you look around and ask."anything happen last night?". "No, actually it was really peaceful" she said and smiled. You sight."that won't last long" she looks at you. "Why?"." Maybe it can be peaceful for a while but then another herd will come and who knows what happens." You look down at your hands." We all know how to protect our selfs, even if we get separated again, we'll find our way back like last time." You look up at her. " remember when Brady still lived?" She gave you shocked face and nodded. " Remember that group we were in, you said the exact same thing back then, we all got separated, most of us died, and when the seven of us found each other and he was bit" she gave you a sad look and looked down."everything's different now". "How is it different? Everything's the same, You don't understand. I can't stand losing one of you again." She looked up at you as tears started to run down her face. "We lost people, My mum, My dad, My brother, Max, Ben and way more" you said looking at her as she cried. "We had a big group, then it turned into six people and now we have six more that joined our group but there's still less then there used to." you sight and look ahead. "Go get some rest, I'll take watch." She stood up and walked of without another word. After five minutes, someone sat nest to you. "You ok" she asked. You look over to your side to see Camila. You nod. She sights and gives you a side hug."i heard everything, I'm sorry about all that happened." You smile and hug her back. "It's not your fault, I guess it was just meant to happen." She smiles and pulls away. "I'll wake everyone up and get the food ready, I'll call you over when it's done." She said giving you a kiss on the cheek and walking off. A confused look makes it's way up to your face. You had no idea what just happened. Did she do it by accident or did she mean to do it. You were so spaced out you didn't hear her calling you. Finally you snap out of it when a hand slaps your back. "come and eat." Camila laughs and walked over to the fireplace. You stand up and slowly follow behind. You sit down next to her and she hands you a plate of food. You thank her and start eating. "Are we leaving after we eat?" Chris asked. Chris has been doing fine. He can walk and run normally now but he still has to be careful for another day or two. He can't put to much pressure on his leg. "Yeh, the sooner we leave, the sooner we find a safe place." He nods and continues eating. After everyone eats you get up and start to pack up all your things, putting them in the car. You get in the divers seat and start the car. This time Alice sits next to you. "Of we go" she mumbles. You start to drive and after five minutes everyone but you start to singing. You role your eyes at their choice of music. You guess that Sofi picked it since they were singing 'twinkle twinkle little star' you keep your eyes on the road and then someone pokes your arm. You look to your side. Alice gives you a look to sing. You role your eyes and look back at the road. She keep poking you but you ignore her. She stops after five minutes. The whole ride they were singing childish songs and messing around while you tried to concentrate on driving. "Oh shit" you said as you drove out of the woods. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked ahead. You stopped the car in the middle of the road and looked back at everyone. "On the other side should be another way into the woods right?" You ask Jake since he had the map. "Yeh we have a problem" he said. "We are no longer on this map" he continued and looked up at you. You sight. "Let's hope there is" you start driving into the City. The city was really big, at least it looked like it. As you drove into the city, you look around. "Well we can find some useful stuff here maybe" you said looking into the mirror to see everyone looking out the windows." Hopefully" Alice says. You stop the car at a small food shop. "That looks safe, right?" You ask. Alice gets out the car, pointing her gun up. Everyone else including you get out. You point your pistol up and stand next to the door. You give Alice a nod and open the door as both of you walk in. After walking around a bit, you walk out the shop and tell everyone to get in. You, Jake and Dylan start to move the shelves away so you'll have some space in the store. You walk outside and get two bags out of the car walking back inside. You place them down and walk back out. You grab the last two bags and place them next to the other bags. You walk outside to check if you got everything. You open the car door and look around. When you didn't find anything you close the door and start to walk inside. "Hey" a voice says. You turn around and point your gun at them. You see a guy, he looked older then you, maybe 30 years old. Next to him stood a boy who looked around 10 years old. "We're good people" the man said. "I'm Dave, this is my son John." You keep starring at them with your gun pointed up. You walk over to the door with out looking away and knock on the door with your foot. After a few seconds Emily comes out. "What's happening?" She asked when she saw the strangers. "We're just looking for a place to stay, we don't want any trouble." You look at Emily and she give you a look. You look at the man and sight. You point your gun down and say. "You can stay, but if you try to hurt anyone in there, your a dead man" you say. He nods and looks at the boy that's smiling at you. "Thank you" he says. You nod and walk back inside.

A/N- New people, oh no what will happen???? Oh wait I know! :)