Chapter 16

Your in the back seat of the car. Everyone's quiet, no noise nothing. Next to you sits Camila . Her head is rested on your shoulder and your hands are intertwined. You rub her hand with your thumb and lay your head on top of hers. You haven't made it official between you to, but you still act like a couple. You kiss, you hold hand and all that couple stuff. But in an apocalypse it doesn't matter about making it official. You love her that's all that matters. Sure you haven't said I love you to each other yet but your getting there. The car slows down and you look up. "We're out of fuel."Dylan said. You role your eyes and open the door. Camila looks up and then looks out the window. "What now?" She asked. "We walk" you say. You walk out the car letting go of Camila's hand. You walk to the trunk and open it. You grab your backpack and swing it over your shoulder. Some people grab a bag and you close the trunk when the car is empty. "Here give me that" you say pointing at the bag Ally grabbed. She handed you the bag and you place it on the ground opening it. In it were a lot of machine guns and ammo. You hand some people a machine gun and the rest have a pistol. Once the bag has only ammo in it you give it back to Ally. "We need all the protection we have, now that we're walking." You say. "I've never used a shotgun before." Alice said. " It's not that hard, just be careful, it can push you really hard." You say. Everyone starts walking and you walk at the back looking at the ground and kicking some rocks around. "Hey" Camila said grabbing your hand. You smile up at her. "Hey" she smiles and walks by your side. " How long are we going to walk and all" she asked. "I don't know... I really don't. I want to find a safe place and not just a place I think is safe then it ends up not being safe." You say and she nods. you move your hands up and kiss her hand. "We'll be okay" you say lowering your hands. You look up and sight. "Let's get something to eat, have a rest and we'll move tomorrow" you say. Everyone moves into the woods off of the road. You place your bag down and grab a sniper. "I'll see if I can hunt for some food, maybe a deer." You say and start to walk deeper into the woods. You walk and walk and walk. It feels like these woods will never end. You heard a noise and stopped walking. You feel something grab your arm, you turn around and point your pistol at it. You sight." You scared the crap out of me" you say pointing the gun down and started to walk again. "What are you doing here anyways?" You turn your head to the side to look at her face. "Well I thought I'll keep you company and help out if something goes wrong" you laugh. "Sweetly, thanks for the help, but I don't want you to get hurt, your sister would kill me" you say. She grabs your hand. "But you won't let me get hurt because you lovvee me!" She said hugging your hand. "Ok, ok Sofi, I get it, but did you at least tell her you were leaving?" She shakes her head and your eyes go wide. "Why? They're gonna be so worried" you say. "Shhhhh, look!" She says pointing to a deer. You look behind you to see a deer eating the grass. You smile at how Sofi stares at the deer. "It's so beautiful" she said. "Are you gonna kill it?" She asked. "Well I was going to, after all we need food" you say. She makes a sad face and looks at it. "Will it feel pain?" She asked. "Nope, just a quick shot in the head, no pain" you say. She grabs your sniper and points at it. "Just don't make it suffer." She says. You nod and point your sniper, you aim and get ready to shoot. You look at Sofi who is looking at you. She gave you a nods and smiled. You look at the deer and shoot after a few seconds. "Come on" she said. She pulls you over to the deer and grabs it's back legs. You shake your head. You hand her the sniper and grab the deer stumbling back a bit. You put it over your shoulder."you still have your pistol?" You ask. She pulls up her shirt to show her gun. "Hold it and be careful while we get back." You say and walk back to camp. When you get there ten minutes later, You see Camila running all over the place and when she spots you and Sofi she runs up and hugs Sofi making her drop the sniper and pistol. "Oh my god never do that again" she says. "She should've told you she's leaving, but she did help me catch dinner." you say she look up at you and pulls you into a hug. You put one hand around her the other one still holding the deer. "I'm glad your ok" she says. You smile and walk over to Chris and hand him the deer. He always skins the animals and gets the food ready, good thing he was a butcher before. You walk over to Camila and put your hands around her from behind. She leans her body against you and you give her a kiss on the cheek. "I love you" she says. You were shocked by her words at first, you smiled and kissed her cheek one more time this time longer, after pulling away a bit you answer."I love you too"

A/N- hey Dorks thanks for reading, thank you guys for all the support you guys are amazing. :)