childhood

Y/N POV:

my family and i had just moved from Miami to la. so far i like it. we live in this cute little house in highland park.

"y/n" my mom calls from outside my door.

"yes" she comes in and looks around my room.

"we're gonna go meet our neighbors cmon." i get up from my bed and we walk over to our neighbors house. my mom knocks and the door is opened by a woman.

"hi, we're your new neighbors. we just moved here yesterday." my mom says to the woman.

"oh yes, i'm maggie." she holds out her hand to my mom.

"i'm y/m/n, it's nice to meet you. oh and who's that?" i see a girl around my age, hiding behind her moms leg.

"this is billie. billie this is y/m/n and her daughter.."

"y/n" my mom finishes. billie waves at me and i wave back.

"come in, it can be a bit buggy out there." maggie says.

we walk into their house. it has a very warm and cozy feeling. i like it. we sit on the couch and maggie begins talking.

"you two look around the same age. how old are you, sweetie?" she asks me.

"8" i reply back.

"billie, is 8 too, what a coincidence."

"billie, why don't you go show y/n your room while me and y/n's mom talk." billie nods and walks to her room. i follow her and look around her room.

"your room is cool." i shyly say.

"thanks."

"so where did you move from?" billie asks me.

"miami, it's in florida." billie nods.

"i would like to go there some day." i smile.

"it's really cool. everyone has really cool cars there." billie nods.

"i really like your eyes." i say kinda quiet. billie looks up at me and smiles.

"thank you. i like yours too." i smile.

(6 years later)

i'm going over to billies house today. i haven't seen her in a few days. usually i see her everyday.

i walk straight into her house without knocking because that's how close we are. i walk into her room and jump on her.

"jesus christ, you scared me." billie says.

"i missed you, where have you been?" i get off of her and sit next to her.

"me and finneas made this song for dance and we put it on soundcloud. it kinda blew up so yeah."

"woah, can i hear it?" billie nods and pulls out her phone.

"it's called ocean eyes." billie presses play and i listen to it.

"damn, bil. i didn't know you were that talented." billie blushes, giggling.

"shut up it's literally trash." billie shuts her phone off, putting it down .

"no it's not. i think you can get big, billie." billie rolls her eyes, resting her head on my shoulder.

"sing me something else you've wrote." billie looks at me with her rbf.

"okay, fine. this one is called she's broken." i laugh at the name of it. billie shakes her head.

after billie finished singing, i look at her with my mouth open.