zoo

kalynn and weston 🛐

ALSO GUESS WHO GOT TICKETS FOR MADISON BEER AHHHHH

THIRD PERSON POV

billie had known y/n had never seen a giraffe since they were playing never have i ever at finneas and claudia's once at a game night. everyone was already a bit tipsy and they started sharing random things just to drink more and that's when y/n said

"never have i ever seen a giraffe in my life." at first, they were all silent, but then finneas burst out laughing and everyone was drinking apart from y/n.

"how come you've never seen a giraffe before?" billie was sitting on the couch, holding a mug of coffee, when the memories from that game night a few weeks ago hit her.

"what what are you talking about?" y/n was just finishing preparing her bagel at the kitchen.

"game night at fin and claudia's... never have i ever..." billie turned around on the couch, stretching her neck so she could see y/n behind the counter.

it took y/n a few seconds to figure out what billie was talking about. they were so drunk that night that all the memories y/n had were all blurred and out of order, with a few moments missing if she was being honest.

"oh!" y/n raised her eyebrows, clearly remembering that part of the game.

"yeah, i've never seen a giraffe, i might have been very drunk, but i wasn't joking." she finished with a laugh.

"you've never been to the zoo?" billie questioned, finding it weird that a person would have lived almost 20 years and never stepped foot into a zoo.

"no, of course i've been to the zoo." y/n took her bagel in one hand and a mug of coffee in the other, joining billie on the couch.

"i remember going to the San Diego Zoo when i was little." she said, taking a bite of her bagel.

"we saw all sort of animals, but the giraffe cage was all empty."

"that must've been a bummer."

"i remember i got so mad, but it didn't last long. because next we went to see the lions and i was mesmerized." she said laughing at how temperamental a child can be.

billie was laughing with y/n, imagining a little y/n screaming and making a show at the zoo because of a giraffe.

they both had to work, even if they wanted to continue talking about childhood memories, they'd have to do it at another time. billie finished her coffee and got changed pretty fast, by the time she was ready, y/n only needed to brush her teeth and they could go to work.

the week was very busy, so they weren't able to see each other a lot, apart from catching dinner together once at y/n's apartment. the weekend was a whole different story; they had agreed to take two days off at the same time so they could plan something nice to do together. but buried in paperwork, y/n couldn't even stop to think about weekend plans. billie was also very busy, but sometimes she had some free minutes that she used to google San Diego Zoo, finding out the ticket prices, when they're open, if they allowed picnics there and of course if the giraffes were there, the most important thing.

trying to surprise y/n, billie didn't tell her anything about what she had planned for their weekend. they would spend saturday relaxing at home, watching movies and cooking something, y/n would obviously be the one cooking. and on sunday morning, they would go to the zoo.

not wanting to give anything away, billie waited till y/n fell asleep so she could prepare some snacks for their picnic at the zoo. when everything was ready, water bottles, sandwiches and a few fruits packed, she joined y/n at her bed.