run away

this has smut at the end but it's not THAT detailed so i won't put a ❗️ in the title

Y/N POV

i looked out of the window of the penthouse billie and i were staying in, bang in the center of london, seeing the lights of the city glowing like a night sky.

she had surprised me with this trip, knowing how long i had wanted to visit london. it was a week before christmas and all i wanted to do was walk along regent street and oxford street (totally didn't look that up) to see the christmas lights and visit the famous shops like liberties and selfridges. i knew it wasn't exactly billie's cup of tea, but i knew she would enjoy the look on my face as we walked around.

i grabbed my coat off the hanger by the door, calling billie.

"baby, come on i can't wait any longer to go." i said, grabbing my beanie and putting it on my head.

"uh, yeah one moment!" she shouted back from the bedroom.

i wandered over and peered my head around the doorway, to see her sat cross legged on the bed, on the phone half dressed, with her shirt unbuttoned and her sweatpants on.

"yeah, just unplug it and plug it back in and it should be good." she said into the phone.

"bil, we were supposed to go at 5 and it's 6 now." i said frustrated but giving puppy dog eyes which i knew she found hard to resist.

"uh yeah i just need to help finneas with something that happened in the studio." she mumbled, not even looking at me. i felt hurt because we had been planning this trip for almost a year, and she was wasting it on the phone the whole time.

"sometimes i think you love your work more than you love me." i said, quietly but loud enough that i knew she could hear. as soon as it left my lips i had a pang in my chest at the distraught look on her face, and i knew that it was so wrong to say what i said. i knew she loved her job and me just as much. before i could reply, her eyes welled with tears and she said a sentence i never thought she'd say.

"maybe i do."

part of me wanted to think she said it in spite of the moment and part of me thought it was the truth.

tears poured from my eyes and i turned away from the door, walking straight out of the hotel room and out into the city, sobbing into my hands. people already started to stare at me crying, so i took a turn into an alley next to the hotel, to release my emotions.

i leant against the cold brick wall, face in my hands to conceal it from any people who may see it from my hiding spot.

i was startled by the sound of rustling from behind some bins at the end of the alley and my head shot out of my hands, eyes glassy and wide.

"hello?" i half shouted. but there was no reply. however, i was not alone.

a shadow rose from behind the bins, and what looked like a small child emerged. however, this was far from your average small child. he was tall as he started walking towards me, looking angry and looked like he had crawled out of the london slums in the 1800's.

i opened my mouth to speak to this boy, but the strangest thing happened before i could put a word in. he started stalking towards me, each step heavy on the ground.

as his body came to be in front of me, he was a fully grown man, tall and muscular with a look of anger burning behind his eyes. i stepped back only for my back to hit the cold brick wall of the alleyway.

at this moment i wished i had never shouted at billie, i wish i had stayed, and waited for her to get ready so we could leave, together.

it was the man that spoke first