ocean eyes

the title is cheesy but whatever

THIRD PERSON POV

everyone is always told the eyes are the windows to the soul. emotions manifest themselves in our eyes, being it through whatever one of the million types of tears there are or the wrinkles provoked by a wide smile. it's possible to see the state of mind of a person through them as well, you will never miss dullness or tiredness from someone's gaze.

y/n never doubted the eyes were truly the windows to the soul, she just happened to be unfortunate enough to not grow around beautiful ones. her father's eyes were always filled with anger and, although she saw good in her mother's gaze, it was always overpowered by fear. so you could say the girl never really saw the positive tone on that phrase.

sure you could read someone through their eyes, but would you really want to do it when the results didn't bring anything good to you? living through that logic, y/n never really paid much attention to people's eyes.

all this suddenly changed when one specific pair of eyes caught her attention very early onto her moving to los angeles. not only were they the prettiest shade of blue she had ever seen, but they carried so much emotion on them. y/n was fascinated by it, so much so that it took her a little while to realize that the feeling that gaze was bearing wasn't joyful.

y/n somehow felt like the girl's eyes were magnetic and she was entirely made of steel, some force pulled her back to the blue eyed girl. and a couple years later, after many struggles and a beautiful story, she was glad it happened.

billie and y/n had gone through what was undoubtedly the toughest times of their lives, but it all led to a great output. both girls were more in love than they ever thought it was possible and living a calm life.

"y/n, turn it off." billie muttered, annoyed for having had her sleep disturbed by y/n's alarm.

"no." y/n answered, her eyes still closed, not wanting to wake up.

"y/n!" billie said in a much louder tone now, poking her girlfriend's arm.

"okay, okay." she grabbed her phone and turned off her alarm still laying down.

"thank you, love." billie said in a tender tone, making y/n laugh at her sudden change of character.

y/n sighed after seeing the time on her phone, even though it was the weekend she still had to finish a lot of work to do, meaning she would have to go back to her house soon. as soon as the girl made a move to leave the bed, though, her girlfriend wrapped her arm around her waist, preventing her from moving too much.

"where are you going?" billie whined, placing a small kiss on the other girl's shoulder.

"i have to go home, baby." y/n said, but still leaned against billie's front and held her hand that was over her waist.

"it's still early" billie said, opening her eyes and nuzzling her girlfriend's neck, kissing the place.

"can't you stay a little longer?"

y/n turned around in her arm, facing her. she was still shocked by how every time she met billie's eyes she'd get lost in them; the'd been together for a long time now, wouldn't she ever get used to it?

"y/n?" billie called the girl after not getting an answer for more than two minutes after her girlfriend turned to her.

"huh?" y/n answered, snapping out of her trance.

"you were kind of lost for a second there." billie said, followed by a chuckle.

"oh, sorry" y/n said smiling and blushing lightly. 

"it's just..." y/n was unable to finish her sentence and hid her face on billie's shoulder laughing lightly.

"what?" billie said running her fingers through the other's hair and joining her laughter, a bit confused.

"i don't know." y/n said lifting her head from where it was hidden. she still struggled a little bit to vocalize what she felt towards the other girl.

"have i ever told you you have beautiful eyes?" she continued, staring into billie's eyes with a wide smile.

it was billie's turn to blush and hide now. she just lowered her head to y/n's shoulder laughing.

"shut up."

"no, bil, it's true!" she answered, but still laughed along with billie.

"i'm pretty sure it's the first thing i noticed about you."

"that's a lie, you told me that day it was my outfit." billie called y/n out smiling, recalling their first ever encounter.

"well, yeah." y/n said with a big smile.

"don't you think it would be a bit creepy if a stranger walked up to you complimenting your eyes?"

"okay, you're right." billie said laughing and getting serious afterwards.

"thank you." she punctuated her words with a chaste kiss on y/n's lips.

"your eyes are beautiful too." y/n didn't answer with words, but she pulled her girlfriend into a soft kiss.

"i love you." billie stated after she pulled away, hugging y/n even tighter than before.

"i love you too, pretty." she answered, letting herself melt into her arms.

"but i really have to go home now." billie grunted. why did y/n have to ruin that moment?

___________________________________

HI GUYSSS HOWS YOUR DAY?

I LOVE YOUUU