another puppy

THIRD PERSON POV

it stared with wide green eyes. it watched, preparing to attack. it took a careful step forward, then another, eyes never moving from its target. then, it pounced, claws out and ready to tear into its prey.

or rather, slightly dug into billie's hand as the puppy played with it. she lightly wrassled with it, laughing and cooing at the ferocious little ball of fluff as it 'bit' her hand.

"aw, look at him!" billie said.

"he's certainly a feisty one." y/n noted, glancing down as another puppy brushed against her legs and whined for attention.

they'd come to the pet store to shop for the puppy they already had, needing pet food and a new leash, and of course some toys. but then billie seen a little side room where people looking to adopt could go in and see the puppies. she wasn't looking to adopt, but she was a sucker if she saw there was a chance to pet a dog.

billie looked up at y/n, reaching up and taking her hand, looking her in the eyes completely serious.

"angel, i want another baby." y/n sighed.

"we're not getting another dog." she said firmly as she sat down on the little bench.

"we've already got a little troublemaker at home." billie pouted, giving her my most pleading eyes.

"please?"

"no." she said.

by this point the puppy playing with billie's hand had grown tired, hopping up onto the bench alongside y/n and immediately curling up in her lap.

"see? he likes you!" billie exclaimed.

"you can't just leave him!"

"billie." she said in warning. but billie could see her resolve melting as she began petting the little thing and it rolled over, laying on its side with its paws stretched out.

"well he is cute."

"and you know shark would love a little brother!" billie said, knowing their other dog would be nurturing older siblings.

"look at that little happy face and tell me you can say no."

y/n sighed. between billie pleading and the puppy in her lap, she knew there was no saying no.

"alright." she said.

"we'll 'have another baby', as you put it." billie grinned happily and moved closer to kiss her.

"thank you!" billie cried.

"i'll go talk to the employee!"

y/n smiled as she watched billie go, still petting the puppy. she glanced down when she felt its paws wrap around her wrist, holding her hand close to it.

"well, at least it's not actual children she wants." she mused out loud.

"and you are quite cute, aren't you?"

the puppy let out a soft little bark as if in agreement, melting her heart even more.

___________________________________

I LOVE YOUUU