XXIX

Lauren Ryleigh's P.O.V.

"Ate... Ate... Tulungan mo naman ako..." Rain? Si Rain ba iyon?

"Ate... Tulungan mo ko..."

Napalinga-linga ako at biglang napamulat at napaupo.

"Lauren, Hey... what's wrong? You're sweating!" I saw Vernon who is now looking for something and when he finally saw it, he came near to me and gently wipe all my sweats.

Huh? I am in my room?

"What time is it Vernon?" He immediately motions his wrist to see his watch and look at me.

"Its past twelve pm in the afternoon, Ryleigh. Why? Is there something bothering you?" He placed his right hand in my left hand and squeezed it gently.

I shook my head. "No. It just a nightmare. I mean, do you still remember my twin sister? The one I shared to you about?" He silently nodded.

"I had two dreams. One, is that I am driving while my sister is unconscious in the passenger seat. She has many wounds and bruises and it makes me want to go to her right now and hug her. And two, is that Rain is calling me saying she needs some help. I mean Vernon! I-I can't think straightly after I woke up. My-my hands are freaking numb." He gently nodded and caress my shoulders slightly.

"Alright, alright. Why don't we go downstairs for you to eat first so that you can calm down, okay?" I just replied him a nod. He signaled me that he will wait for me at the dining room and will be the one to prepare some foods.

Why he? Where is everybody? When I walked to my closet, I saw a sticky note and it says, all of my cousins will take their tour today here in Manila and if I want to join them, I'll just call Ate Ava.

I immediately went to the bathroom and took a shower. After fifteen minutes, I went outside to go to my closest went I feel that there's someone who is looking at me.

I hold my towel tightly as I turned back and I saw him, blushing.

Flash at it seems, I hurriedly throw him some books that are placed in the table beside my cabinet and he hurriedly went outside again while laughing.

Geez! I need to change fast before anything that will possibly happen. I can't.

"You are gorgeous, Lauren Ryleigh." I stilled. I immediately hold my fork and push it in the air forward to him and because he has fast reflexes that he immediately knows what will I do.

"Woah! Woah! Hey there! That's not nice!"

"Oh yeah! And it's not nice to see someone almost naked without even knocked!" I said to him in a bitchy tone and he laughed. I know its weird but his laugh is addicting. I shook my head. No! Lauren! Stop being flirty!

"Anyways, where do you want to go, Lauren?"

"To my Parents house." I casually said. Vernon didn't say anything but looked at me.

After a couple of seconds without moving its position, I look at him with one of my eyebrows are high and I asked him.

"Huh? I mean, you are seriously going to your parent's house? Today?"

"Yes, Vernon. What's wrong with that?" I continued eat my meal without looking at him.

"Are you ready to meet them?" That question stopped me. I look at him again, once more, as he examines me.

"I've prepared this Vernon for almost three years in my life and I can say, I AM READY." He smiled at me and I did too. We continued to eat and he said that he will be the one to drive me to my Parents house.