XXXII

After that drama scene there, we drive home but, we first drive my friend's home and then mine.

We are already inside of my room and he is checking my fridge.

"I'll call Kuya Damon to wire you some money or me and your Ate Harmony will be the one to do some groceries with you."

I am silently standing here in the balcony while looking at the streets of Manila.

"Rain? Are you listening to me? Huh?"

I didn't reply to him and continue staring still. I close my eyes and felt a cold breeze passed by my body.

For the past two days, I just felt my hands are shaking and my eyes are getting hot. I sniffed a little and I know Kuya is beside me.

"Kuya? Can I hug you? Just tonight?" He nods and I hugged him slowly. I felt that he is caressing my hair and pats my back.

"Kuya? If you know that I do something bad, will you scold me? Will you scold me? Will you not love me anymore? What if I do something that will upset you all, will you be still hug me like this?" Kuya is hushing me to stop but my tears starting to flow and my sobs are getting louder. I hugged him tightly.

"Kuya... Am I really bad? Napaka-mayaman daw ako. Ang dami nilang salita na binitawan laban sakin. I've tried to ignore but..." I let out a sigh and continued to sob.

"It didn't help me... I mean, I just want to change for the better. I want to be loved. I want to throw away this tortures, Kuya! I want them to suffer! I want them to feel that it was a mistake to play games with me! ..."

"Hush down, Princess. Please. Kuya is worrying. I don't even understand what you were saying please... Princess. Stop na..."

I continued to cry while Kuya is giving me the pressure to stand still and hugged me tightly.

"Rain, the night breeze is getting colder, let's go inside." I slowly nod at him and didn't reply because I don't have the strength to do so.

He gently guided me towards my bed. I lay down and he was the one who put the blanket above my body. He kissed my forehead.

"Sleep well, Princess and don't ever try to jump in the balcony. Understand?" I slowly nod at him and closed my eyes.

I heard the door closed and I know that he goes outside already. I open my eyes and I saw the small lightings created by the buildings and cars from outside. My eyes are starting to pull down and I just decided to sleep then.

# # # # #

I am in my school's room and we are waiting for our teacher when I saw Avery and Margareth. Where is Erin?

"Hi, bes!" I startled a bit of the person's voice.

"Hi! How are you?" She sat down on my side and look at me.

"I'm... great! You? Why does your eyes tell me there's something wrong?" I looked away. She is trying to see my gaze but I failed.

"Rain, is there something I should know? Hmm?" I looked at her and stare. When after some seconds, I didn't reply, she put her hands on my neck and forehead.

"Wala ka namang lagnat. Kahit pawis man lang o ano, wala din. Sige na. Sabihin mo na. Makikinig ako." I shook my head.

"Wala? Wala kang lagnat? Wala kang proble---"

"I just missed you all, that's it. Especially you, Garian." She automatically smiled and caress my hair.

"Ilang beses mo na ba iyan nasabi sa amin, hmm? We missed you too, so much."