Chapter Six

Amira's POV

Rushing into the building I was so tired I have no idea why this has to take so long I have an important meeting for pete's sake. I didn't see Lexi so I assumed she was busy so I hurriedly got to my elevator being carful of my sleeping son.

Once the doors of the elevator opened I rush out heading towards Rachel. I had already called so she was on the look out for me, she gently took hold of Sage and took his bags "please make sure to check the ac unit okay" I tell her and she nods "these are all the files you'll need, the meeting is at BR4" she says meaning board room #4.

I grab the files thanking her before run walking to the conference room. I sigh trying to contain myself before I push the door open and walked in. I was panting out of breath as I looked around the room for any unfamiliar faces and his face was unfamiliar alright.

"You!?" I asked almost yelling and he sighs looking away from me. I scuff swallowing hard... This is not the time Amira get through this meeting and you'll never have to see him again...

I took a deep breath sighing and Liam came forward helping me with the files I had in hand and I let him while he smiles at me.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, I got a bit caught up but it seems Mr. Miller is doing well so I'll let him continue " I say taking my seat where I could face away from his piercing eyes.

"That's basically the plan for the building, I'll have Dr.Kenyon explain the financial aspect of it" Liam says going to take his seat which was right beside me. "Why are you so nervous?" he whispers and I just shrug.

"I went through what the materials would cost if I purchased it for the job and I realized paying the one expense is way more affordable" I start passing the document over to Claudia who was the head of the financial department and she went on to look through it.

"From our conversation earlier Mr. Thomas expects to be paid half and half, I have no problem with that as long as you're willing to sign to that" I say directing every word to this shameless idiot's secretary.

He whispers something to his boss making me subconsciously roll my eyes. "That's alright" he says and I nod "I assume the explanation Mr. Miller gave was good enough, I'll have someone escort you to see the area tomorrow and please send the estimated bill over as soon as possible I'd like this project to begin next week Monday" I say smiling "of course miss" he says smiling back at me shyly.

I stood grabbing my things and hurriedly walked out heading to my office as I felt like I was gonna have a heart attack anytime soon.

I set the files on my desk sitting on the chair rubbing my hand over my face as I pull at my hair harshly.

Memories from three years ago came washing over me like an unwanted hurricane and my tears run like a raging river down my cheeks. Why the fuck didn't someone mention that he was gonna be here I could've easily avoided this catastrophe.

After Lexi had mentioned he was back in America yesterday I thought I had dadge the bullet of him ever seeing me again but see this messed up shit. It hurts even more that he fucking came here for a meeting and not because of me. God knows how many times he has come back here since he left me to suffer from my recklessness.

I grab a tissue wiping my face and sniffling just as a knock came from the door. I straighten up and run my hand through my hair to look more professional. "Come in" I say in my formal monotone as the oakwood door push forward and the tall musclar figure walks in.

My eyes move up his body as he turns to close the door making his muscles flex and I would've probably hump him if I wasn't raging from the inside out right now.