Chapter Sixteen

Amira's POV

It's been more than a month now since Mason had returned and Sage hasn't been happier though he's still acting stubborn and won't speak to me despite all my effort but whatever, I don't even know why I'm trying so hard but I just can't take it anymore it's been three weeks and Mason had hardly said a word to me and it's so frustrating because I don't know what he's thinking and I hate silent treatment so much I just want to smack the shit out him for doing that.

Today's that charity event that I'm hosting at and as it's Saturday Sage was at Mason's and I'm home with Lexi so I could get ready for tonight. Mason was attending as a guest of honor so I'm making it my point of duty to persuade him to speak to me or I'll just kick him in the balls and forget about it.

It was early in the morning or early for me as it's 10am but whatever. It's so early and here I am sitting at the island in my kitchen playing with my breakfast on my plate and thinking about my fucked up ex boyfriend or shall I say baby daddy and why he isn't speaking to me. I should tell him my mind and move on but I can't do that when I know I lied to hurt his feelings and now it's only bothering me like a tick in my skin.

Ugh.... "what crawled up you pants and died there?" Lexi ask and I sigh "it's not fair for Mason to give me the silent treatment because I told him I have a boyfriend right? I mean he shouldn't care because he hurted me first and I just said that so he'd leave me alone he knows-" I was saying but got cut off by a laughing Lexi making me pout "I'm sorry, but babe you're in love with the man you just fail to admit it" she says wiping tears of laughter away from her eyes and I roll my eyes at her. "I'm not in love with him, He's just getting under my skin" I say "hmm, if that helps you sleep at night" she says her mouth filled with food "eww" I say going to drink what's left of my orange juice.

I set the dishes in the dish washer grabbing my loptap and my phone before walking out to the back porch with Lexi following behind me. We were just lazing around as we literally didn't have anything else to do. We had already bought everything that we needed for the event since last week so today we didn't have much of an hassle.

I sat criss cross on the huge couch powering on my laptop, I need to check the email Mrs. Roberts sent so I could write a speech and memorize it for tonight. And yes I'm just now doing it I didn't have time while working during the week and plus a speech isn't that much of a work for me once I know everything there is to know.

"Hey Mira?" Lexi started laying on the couch looking up at her phone "does this Mason of yours have brother or a cousin, I don't know I'm 25 and I think it's time I should fine a man and settle down I'm so tired of having dumb one stands and stupid blind dates" she says sighing and it's now my turn to laugh at her. " Lexi the man that settles down with you will be anointed by god. You are a crazy, high standard, picky human being you should date Jesus himself he's the perfect man I'm sure he's who you're looking for" I tell her honestly and she scuffs.

"Just a tall, handsome man with a perfect smile that will keep me grounded keep me in line, in check you know? He could be rough and strong did I say handsome and of course good dic-" and I cut her off "okay I get it and just so you know that man you seek is nonexistent" I say looking down at my laptop screen once more. "Bitch I know you lying, have you seen Mason? That man is a god himself hence my earlier question" she says and I look at her with a weird expression making her cackle.

Mason is a good looking man that I will not lie about but his mind is ugly. And his looks are for sure decoration for his bad and useless mentality. Lexi went back to dream world and I went back to reading through the email I got before starting to write my speech.

More than two hours later I finally finished my speech and tired my best to read through it
I felt like a teenager studying for a final exam at the last minute. Setting my laptop down on the coffee table I decided to stretch my legs so I stood walking out on the grass just now noticing that Lexi was no where in sight.