chapter twenty-eight

Amira's POV

I laid in bed crying my eyes out while Lexi did her best to calm me down. I tried to stop I really did but I feel like my heart has been broken all over again and it hurts so bad. I'm doing my best to believe what Mason said but I can't, why would he even think it's necessary to lie to me and why was that girl even in his office in the first place.

I wanted to believe him so the pain would go away, I don't want to feel like this and I don't want to be hurt anymore. I love him even if I haven't confess that I do, I do love him but I don't want to keep hurting because of him. It's all too familiar of a feeling and it's a shitty one at that, why must Mason hurt me even when I try to love and trust him? It makes no sense why he would do this to me when you claims that he loves me.

I know I'm over dramatic, no I'm not crying because of that girl I'm not stupid I'm not mad about her I'm mad about what Mason did, he purposely sent me away to be alone with her. But whatever it was out of my control anyways, I sniffle grabbing a piece of tissue wipping my snotty nose before I grab the ice-cream once more pout at my best friend who was staring at me sympathetically. I've told her everything that happened but typical Lexi believe that there's two sides to every story, even though she should just believe what I say and move along but no her prince charming Mason must have a reason for sending me away to be alone with some random girl because he's obviously not fucking her.

I shouldn't care though I should've slap the shit out of him for fucking with my feelings. Stupid selfish asshole how could he and literally with a random ass girl, well it's better than someone I know anyways but still. I should've known better of course he's gonna do that shit he's a man and it hurts even more that he straight up lied about it to my face. Like his little cockroach wasn't standing behind him imagine what had happened before I walk in to see him holding her up against the fucking wall like they were having a sling party featuring the concrete.

Fuck stupid Mason he keeps playing dumb ass games like he think this shit is funny. I literally have better things to do with my life than go around lounging behind him like a lost dog. I have a business to run and a child to take care of and if he wants to go run around with his flies following him them he's very much allowed to do just that.

I set the ice-cream aside and turned to look at Lexi "wanna go shopping?" I ask and she looks at me weirdly "are you sure you're not trying to spend money in sarrow?" she ask wiping a stray tear from my face "no, I just want to get my mind off stuff, or maybe we can go to the aquarium that'll be fun" I suggested sadly "no what you need is a breath of fresh air" she says standing up from my bed "come on, have a shower I'm taking you somewhere " she says pulling me up and I lazily got out the bed.

She started cleaning my messy room while I head to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and almost started crying again at how horrible I looked crying for almost 24 hours will do that to you.

I strip out of my huge t-shirt that maybe Is Mason's but whatever, I went naked before I stepped into the shower washing my body from head to toe even my hair. I really needed this even though I still feel down on the inside the shower really helps.

Turning the shower off I grab a towel wrapping it around me and walk to the sink, I brush my teeth and blow dry my hair before curling it which took so freaking long to do with my long ass hair it's like an horses mane. I did my skin care routine before I walked out the bathroom and head to my closet.

A frown form on my face when I walk in to see Mason's clothes and the lingering smell of his cologne that I wanted to drown myself in. I quickly got dressed in a Calvin Klein underwear set and a black sweatsuit that I paired off with a white Balenciaga sneaker.