Chapter Twenty-One

Mason's POV

"Daddy hurry up!!" Sage yells as he ran down to the beach, I don't know why he has that much energy this time of day. I'm already down two cups of coffee and I still feel tired and drained.

He stopped just where the waves were coming in letting the water touch his tiny feet. I walk up towards him and he held my hand looking out into the endless body of water. Amira didn't want to join us on our trip, saying something about her being allergic to the sand or whatever. It is a really nice day I don't know what she's so scared of but I guess Sage and I will just have a father and son bonding time.

This was honestly so peaceful, and standing on the sand as the water washes it from under my feet smoothly is comforting. The brightness of the midday sun and the crashing sounds of the waves is just majestic. The air is humid and cool against my skin and I truly felt as though this is my safe place beside being with Amira of course.

I hadn't been to the beach since I was living in Florida years ago. It had been a long couple of years but I survived nonetheless. Both Amira and I went to an open beach back in Miami, we were supposed to go to some weird party she was invited to but instead of going to a party to waste time and drink ourselves drunk, we went to the beach and I can happily say that's when I fell in love with life.

As the memories poured in I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face, maybe that was one of the reasons I even bought this place it's no open beach in Miami but it for sure helps in reviving good memories. It's the best stress relief and it wasn't trying to run from my problems but facing them, it was the peaceful serenity of the beach.

The smell of saltwater traveling up my nostrils, releasing a spell-like hypnotic trance on me. Yes, it was the gritty sand against my bare feet, the tall waves far out in the ocean that seems to go for miles but it didn't end there. The one thing that makes me even more over joyed is the fact that I'm here with Sage, He's that part of Amira that I didn't think I need but I do need my son and I can't begin to explain how happy I've been for the past month to say I'm a father to the most adorable person that is everything a man would want in a son. I also had to deal with the feeling of guilt knowing I had missed three years of my child's life because of that stupid decision but I'm so happy he accepts me and didn't ask questions beside his smart ass brain.

"Daddy?" he ask and I look down at him "we should build a sand castle it could be as big as the house " he says making hand gestures and I smile at him "okay, let's build a castle " I say and he runs off giggling as I laugh following him.

There was literally nothing here to use for building a sand castle but we actually made it work, though it was a crappy sand castle we were proud of our work.

After sometime we went to lay on the wooden lounge chairs both of us wearing sunglasses and laying there allowing the sun to grace our skin, and I think we're gonna be fine Amira practically bathe us in sunscreen earlier. Being here let's just say there's no way you're about to tell me that this isn't father and son goals. He's totally a tiny version me and I'm enjoying this, though he's so young yet so old I have no idea at what speed his brain is developing but I like how smart he is it should be that way.

After sometime of relaxing Sage decided that he wanted to go swimming so we did just that. He's a great swimmer I've thought him how to back home but it's different with an ocean as these waves can get terribly heavy at times and without a warning that is, so I didn't let him near the water alone rather I just carried him.

He's pretty tiny so anything past the shore was for sure a problem with the waves and his height so it was only right. Though the water feels amazing and cold might I add but great nonetheless, I'm gonna feel very relaxed once we get out as the waves are kinda giving me a massage on it's own.

Heir To The Mafiaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें