Chapter Seven

Mason's POV

"Sono passati tre giorni Enrique solo fare due viaggi" I tell him already getting frustrated ( it's been three days Enrique just make two trips) "ma ne hai davvero tanto bisogno?" he asked making me sigh ( but do you really need some much?).

"Va bene, sono sicuro che tutti gli uomini importanti sono con te, sì?" I ask wanting to end this conversation already (it's alright I'm sure all the important men are with you yeah?) "certo signore" he ask and I hum (of course sir).

"Ho degli affari quindi fammi sapere quando atterri" I tell him looking at me guards who was waiting for me (I've got some business so let me know when you land) "andrà bene" he voice before I end the call (will do).

I head out the door of my hotel room as the guards followed behind me. We head to the elevator and soon out the building and to the cars.

Amira's reaction yesterday was what I deserved and she didn't want to hear me out which I completely understand but I've got to try either way and what I got to say to her was a promise to myself also.

I didn't know what I expected her reaction to be when I walked into her office yesterday but it was for sure not that. I mean I did expect her to kick me in the balls and yell at me which she did but it hurts that she wouldn't give me a chance to explain why I did what I did in the first place. It was not in any way intentional, I really did not mean to hurt her I could never not even a bit, she's the only person I've dreamed about since forever. I only wanted things to get better and there was consequences of me doing that of course because now I know she hates me and I really do accept whatever she wants me to go through as long as she forgives me sometime.

This all brings me to today's event, if you haven't guessed it yet yes I'm the heir to the underworld's mafia throne and shit got really real when I went back to Italy. My father's right hand man was a fucking snitch and a worthless piece of shit, he got my father killed and was about to get me next as the reason mother sent me to America in the first place.

He fucking held my mother captive for years because he wanted me dead so he could take over from my dad unluckily for him he had managed to get himself a army of enemies over the years and I didn't do much to convince them to tell me where he was. Now they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree but Enrique did prove otherswise.

He proudly shot that bastard of a man dead in the same house he grew up in and he had many times told me he would do it all over again.

I could've come back here after some six months, and trust me I wanted to but I needed to make sure my mother was healthy and as the heir I had to get shit back under control and that all got me caught up with dealing with all the businesses and everything.

I had little to no reason to come back to America if I didn't have Amira as my only reason that was until that meeting came up and I was told I had to attend because all my trusted employees were elsewhere.

I was happy to be back I wanted to just get this done so I could go get Amira but fate is a fucked up thing. I'm so proud of her for reaching this far she had always told me she wanted to be a research scientist and I did believe in her and her group is the literal largest in America I could only see why she wanted another lab.

Sigh... I swear I just wanted to hold her yesterday and tell her how sorry I am for leaving I don't know if she'll ever forgive me but I sure do hope so. I want nothing more than to be able to hold her close to me once more and confess my love for her, if only she would give me the chance.