chapter thirty-three

Mason's POV

I tiredly walk into the house throwing my keys down and lazily walking up the stairs. I had drop Sage off at school and came straight back home as Amira isn't feeling well she's been sick and throwing up since yesterday so I'll have to just stay here and take care of her.

I got to our room and walk in but didn't see her “Amira!?” I called wondering where she has gone to, “in here!” she says from the bathroom so I walk over to the bed check my phone to see if I got anything from Enrique on Amira's parents.

Apparently those little fucker owe some type of  gang money and can't pay it back, now I don't know how deep of a shit hole they're in but they somehow got in contact with one of my men to borrow the money from us and I would love to help but unfortunately I don't think I can. Though what's confusing is the fact that they're even that desperate to want to contact the fucking mafia for help, that's the main reason I even bother to look into it I need to find out who it is that they owe and why they would even go that far to ask for our help.

“why aren't you at work?” she ask walking out the bathroom and coming over to me as I set my phone aside, “well you're sick and I want to take care of you” I tell her and she sat on the bed beside me “I'm fine I don't feel sick anymore just hungry” she says and as if on cue her stomach made a little grown noise and she giggles rubbing her tummy, I only look at her with raised brows confused as hell just this morning she had a fever and was throwing up so how is she fine now.

“hmm...let's get you fed then” I say and she nods happily getting off the bed as I followed, she took my hand and we walk down the stairs hand in hand to the kitchen. As we got there I told her to take a seat not trusting that she says she's fine and thankfully she did without arguing. “what would you like to eat mio amore?” I ask walking around the island  “ice-cream and chips maybe chocolate too and those tiny gummy bears also water or orange juice I don't know” she says and I just stare at her shocked at her odd choices, “you can't be eating those so early in the morning Micceta plus I'm not sure about you not being sick that'll give you an upset stomach ” I tell her calmly and she pouts “I want those or I won't eat” she says crossing her hands over her chest.

Okay this is totally weirding me out, Amira was never this hard headed and she never eats like this for breakfast so why now? “no, I'll make you something else” I state and she started full on crying, I hurriedly rush to her holding her face so she'll look up at me and she did while tears stream down her face “what's wrong baby? Did I say something wrong?” I ask and she looks at me through teary eyes “I w-want ice-cream p-please ” she says pouting and I nod giving up whatever she wants she gets.

I left her walking over to the fridge getting Vanilla ice-cream and a bottle of water then to the pantry grabbing a large bag of chips and a chocolate bar. Setting it all in front her on the island I got her a spoon and she was now smiling up at me. “you happy now?” I ask and she nods eating a spoon full of ice-cream.

I stood there watching her as she put the ice-cream on the chips and eat it with a content smile on her face. I wonder if her being sick makes her get like this because on no occasion would she cry simply because she wanted ice-cream this all makes no sense.

I grab a bottle of water downing half of it while my eyes didn't leave her once. My phone buzz in my pocket and I pull it out seeing it's an email from Enrique. The only reason he should be emailing me is if he got the information that I needed so kiss Amira's head and ran upstairs to get my laptop before heading back down.

I got there to see Amira was biting at the whole chocolate bar like a child making me smile. I set my laptop down opposite her and got it powered up, once it was on I immediately open my email  going to my recent ones. Upon opening Enrique's email I say it's a picture of the familiar man know to be Amira's father.