Chapter Twenty

Amira's POV

"Be careful with that, it's expensive " I say and Mason looks back at me with raised brow "and I'm a billionaire " he says smirking and I roll my eyes "come on we've got to get going" he says walking out with the last few bags and Sage being a daddy's boy ran out after him. I hiss before looking myself over I literally look like the walking dead and I sigh walking to the bed.

I sat on the bed with a thud while listening to their foot steps descending down each stair. It was so early and all I wanted to do was sleep and by early I mean 7am. This whole weekend has been nothing but an hassle, with Sage and Mason being in the same house as me I just really wanted a break to just sleep and forget about the world.

I'm not even gonna lie and say that this whole week wasn't an interesting one because it honestly was. I went shopping with Lexi on Wednesday, Mason, Sage and I went out on a fancy dinner on Thursday, on Friday we once again went out to go golfing as per Sage's request. Now I don't know who told him about this but I bet my money on that Enrique guy, he's so damn fine by the way I bet Lexi would love him.

Mason has forced me to spend the weekend at his place since in his defense his house is closer to the airport and it would take less time so he didn't have to come pick me up. Hmm... And I do wanted to run and hide until he was already long gone but see this stupidity.

I groan laying down and closing my eyes almost dozing off before I felt my body being lifted and my eyes snap open to see a smiling Mason "you're gonna make us late, you can sleep in the car or once we get to the plane preferably" he says and I shook my head moving my hair from over my face. " We should be late after all this is your fault..." I say trailing off while yawning. I didn't even bother trying to wiggle out his arms or anything as I really wasn't in the mood to fight with him.

I sigh as my eyes fall shut and my body went limp I could only hear faint talking but it only last so long as my mind relax and I went into a deep sleep state.

•°•°•°•°°•°•

"Mommy look!" Sage yells and I look up from my laptop to see him with a puppy running around the backyard of my house. "Where did you get that puppy from Sage?" I ask setting my laptop to the side and walking towards him with a smile on my face, I don't know who own this little magic but it's so cute.

I kneel down petting it while Sage giggles and I smile at him messing up his hair also. "Where did you find this cute thing?" I ask and he shrugs "he looks like he ran away from home, Mina?" he asked looking down and I hummed "can we keep it?" he asked and I thought for a moment I've never really had a pet before but how hard can it be to take care of it right it's just like a child so it shouldn't be difficult right? "I suppose we can buddy but if it's owner find it, it has to go home okay?" I asked and he nods happily running off to go play once more.

I stood in place just watching him for sometime and it's a plus for me too so I could take a break from my work and relax a bit. This is nice and I really should get a massage or something that'll do the trick to help loosen my muscles up some more and release my body of it's built up tension.

"It's quite a nice day" an unfamiliar voice said from behind me and I nod still not looking around at who said it "you know it's only bad it's gonna go to shit" he says again and I turn to look at him this time confused to see only a figure "who are you?" I asked just above a whisper "you know who I am" he says and my brows drew together in confusion. Who the fuck does he think he is and why the fuck is he here?

"Get the fuck off my property or I'm calling the police" I say glancing behind me at Sage who was no longer there. "I will just right after I do this..." he says as Mason walks out the house, in a second the faceless figure stood in front of Mason and with what seemed like a blink of an eye he stabs him in the chest. "No, no! Mason!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs running over to where his body now lie. I pull him onto my lap while he started coughing up blood, using all the strength I had I tear his shirt open applying pressure to his wound as he was trying to say something "you shut up okay save your breath" I tell him just now noticing that I'm crying as I tried getting my phone out. He grabs my hand trying to speak once more but I wouldn't let him he could say whatever he wanted once he was fine.